What is WordPress Training Program?
The training team creates downloadable lesson plans and related materials for instructors to use in a live workshop environment.
How do I join?
How can I contribute?
Below are the ways you can contribute to the training team.
Writing – Create lesson plans.
Copyediting – Check lesson plans for grammar, spelling and punctuation and make sure it aligns with our style guide.
Testing – Help run tests of beta lessons at Meetups or workshops and let us know how it went.
Connecting – Group lesson plans that together would coordinate for a workshop
Reviewing – Screenshots to compare with current appearances
How can I start working?
- View our list of proposed 101 user-focused lessons and Theme building lessons to see what topics we are covering.
- Visit our Project Status page to see which lessons have been started and their progress.
- Choose a lesson you are interested in writing. You may also pick up an abandoned lesson.
- Read Anatomy of a Lesson Plan and our Style Guide to get oriented with how lesson plans are structured and formatted.
- Check out the Child Themes lesson for an example of a complete lesson.
- Attend our weekly chat Tuesdays from 17:00-18:00 UTC on our Slack channel or fill out our contact form and let us know what lesson you are interested in creating. We can get you set up from there.