- Lesson plan updates
Customizer: Menus/ @mindsize
Themes/Plugins Relationships/ @coachwp
Customizer: Site Icons and Logos/ @melindahelt
Basic Theme Configuration/ @chmchm
Theme Documentation/ @meaganhanes
*How to Find Theme-Specific Documentation/
*Customizer: Header and Background Images/ @skarjune
- Copyediting updates
- @estes.chris has edited Contact Form 7 and Template Tour.
- Authors need to review feedback
- @c3zh will be copyediting my Customizer: Static Front Page vs. Content Feed
- Copyediting processes got discussed last week and need some documentation.
- There are a lot of questions about the how/why of things.
- If you haven’t weighed in on the topic, do so here: https://make.wordpress.org/training/2016/10/14/copyediting-process-and-tools-for-lesson-plans/
- Some context for this conversation: https://make.wordpress.org/training/2014/11/08/request-for-the-content-audit-plugin/
- It’s been started before, but we didn’t move forward for various reasons.
- the next step seems to be to step back and flesh out a plan with a plugin that we think would work with the following known constraints:
- the patterns we tend to follow/need as a team working together
- the known likelihood of different plugins being allowed for use on make
- the existential questions outlined in @skarjune’s post and the implications of the use of a particular plugin on those questions
- @mindsize will write a post with a brief proposal
What is Contact Form 7 /@estes.chris
What is Google XML Sitemap / @pauloyler
building a sitemap for a site /
Improving Your Site’s Performance / @mindsize
What is W3 Total Cache /
Dashboard Icons (higher priority than the others) / @pbarthmaier
Help Regenerate Thumbnails /
Template Tour / @estes.chris
Customizer: Static Front Page vs. Content Feed/ @c3zh
- Training/Testing Updates
- @chanthaboune none of our training materials have a “alien audience” voice to them (for folks who are already committed to using WordPress and don’t need to be convinced of it).
- might be the case that we need an addendum for those who are “undecided”
- @melindahelt to use the Child Themes LP for Pittsburgh meetup in November.
- also looking at the local install LP as well (MAMP) but there might be a few edits needed there