- I just got 100 hours from 10up to work on Fields API!
- I will be working on getting the WP 4.3 Customizer changes put into the Fields API, my first pass doesn’t have unit tests passing yet
- We’ll be fleshing out Control classes, based on Customizer control classes and expand the main control class into individual classes as opposed to a ‘switch’
- We laid out a few implementations we’d like to get into prototyping
- We want to improve the main Fields API readme to better explain the project, offer more links to information about the Customizer API since it’s what we based the Fields API on, and flesh out more examples
- We need more examples, so any use-cases we can put together for any object type, would be handy to start putting that code together (structures, not custom implementations or overrides)
We certainly could use additional contributors involved with the project, especially as we seek to start more implementation prototypes of how things could work. Just hop into Slack #core-fields or check out our Github repo. Over the next 5 weeks my involvement in the project will be greatly increased, so if you are going to get involved — now would be the right timing!
Next chat: Monday 20:00 UTC 2015 (every Monday)