Components and features
Twenty Seventeen (@davidakennedy, @melchoyce)
Feedback is needed on #37885. Please take a look.
#38056 is needed for password posts. (update: it has landed).
The next dev chat is Monday September 19 1400 UTC.
Media (@mikeschroder, @joemcgill)
- Still looking for feedback/testing on #22744, but planning to commit soon.
- If you have a large media library, your help in testing would be particularly helpful.
- @paaljoachim continued researching UI flows in other platforms and posted a bunch of screenshots in #core-images.
- Joe shared an outline of what we’re trying to accomplish longer term here in#core-images and would like to talk more about it design side of things during the #design meeting tomorrow, if possible.
- Still waiting to hear back from folks who were involved in starting up the Core Media Widget #32417 work, but travel has been an issue. Hopefully we’ll have a better update there next week.
Customize (@westonruter, @celloexpressions)
- @boone is thinking about/investigating
term_status for #38015. We have some time to think about it, and could potentially use shadow/draft taxonomies as a workaround for #38014 in 4.7 if needed.
- tracking the ability to add page stubs or create pages directly from the static front page controls along with this project to facilitate creating pages for initial site setup within the customizer. @westonruter is leading the way on #38013.
- #34391 is a significant refactoring of code that themes and plugins are encouraged to extend. A corresponding make/core post will follow soon after.
- Already working with some plugin, theme, and framework authors to minimize breakage.
- We need some feedback now on #35395 – Custom CSS – @johnregan3 is making great progress. Please check out the ticket.
- #29783 (User Admin Language): in good shape, but not much testing happening so far. We could do much more when #26511 is in core though…
- #26511 (
switch_to_locale()): needs some much needed performance testing. If anyone runs a large WordPress site, I could use your help!
Also since there are some similarities with
switch_to_blog(), I’ll open a new ticket to suggest adding a
WP_Stateinterface for such switching functions. Think
WP_Post_State(see #19572), etc. Not a blocker, but worth keeping in mind for future compatibility.
- #20491 (JS i18n): I documented the current state in the tasks with responsibilities etc. As of tomorrow I’ll have more time to work on it (mainly on the GlotPress side of things). Also have been thinking about a
switch_to_locale()function in JS via Ajax…
- Post your wishlist items for the editor.
- Plan of attack for HTTPS work will be published on Make/Core.
Open floor for tickets and any lingering 4.7 ideas.
Please review and comment on these tickets: