The first Global WordPress Translation Day was so much fun and made a real difference for us as a global team. That’s why on November 12th, we’re doing it again and everyone can join!
What are we doing?
- Local translation contributor days – as many as possible (last time we had more than 50, let’s beat that!)
- Remote events for as many languages as possible to support contributors who would like to join from their home
- 24 hours of live streaming sessions about localization and internationalization (L10n and i18n).
Who are the sessions for?
- New contributors who would like to learn how to translate WordPress in their language
- New and experienced translation editors – the sessions will have useful tips and advice how to build and maintain a strong translation team
- Developers who would like to find translators for their projects – the sessions will teach you how to work with the polyglots team and how to build a translation community around your products
- Developers who would like to learn how to prepare their plugins and themes for localization
- Everyone who would like to learn how translations work in WordPress and get a general idea of the work of the Polyglots team.
When is it happening?
On November 12th, 2016, starting at exactly 0:00 UTC.
Why are we doing it?
- To have fun and get to know each other better.
- To encourage more translation contributors to get involved and expand the WordPress Polyglots team
- To improve the general understanding of how WordPress deals with translations among the development community
- To create strong connections between the plugin and theme authors and the WordPress translation community
How can you join?
- Translate – Just join us on November 12th in your own timezone and translate WordPress or your favourite plugins and themes to your language at http://translate.wordpress.org
- Watch live sessions at https://www.crowdcast.io/e/global-wordpress
- Organise a local event – put your name down for organising an event in the “Local events” tab on the GWTD2 org spreadsheet
- Organise a remote event – put your name down for organising a remote event in the “Remote events” tab on the GWTD2 org spreadsheet
- Join the organising team of Global WordPress Translation Day – open the org spreadsheet on the Tasks tab and find something you’d like to help out with!
- Speak – Become a speaker during Global WordPress Translation Day – suggest a topic by filling this short survey
Please also comment below if you’d like to get involved but are not sure how. We’ll help you out!
That’s it for now. Let’s make the second one even better.
P.S Important links: