Recap of October 24, 2017 Meeting

General Updates
None given.

Meeting Times
@bethsoderberg:

Times have been suggested and there is a spreadsheet of conflicting times from other groups.

What I’m thinking is that we have this meeting as another time to throw out alternate times that DO work for your schedules out there.

And then reach out to the people who we know aren’t here bc this time is bad for them.

And get a set of times together to do a doodle on.

So that we can see what works for all of us.

I am hoping that folks with super flexible schedules are not super picky with their doodle selections so that we can account for the needs of people who don’t have as much flexibility.

Workflow

WordCamp US’s contributor day is in about a month and we should plan for this segment of our work to be the focus of that day for those of us who are able to be in Nashville. I feel like WCUS might be our opportunity to really organize and get unified on the plan for this so that we can go into 2018 with a spectacular plan.

We definitely need to come up with real activities for newer contributors who may not want to be part of this larger conversation.

Agenda for October 24, 2017 Meeting

Please join us later today at 19:00 UTC in the #training Slack channel for our weekly meeting! A brief agenda for today:

  1. Welcome
  2. General updates
  3. New meeting times? Please take a look at this thread and come with your calendars available!
  4. Team workflow updates
  5. Open announcement/discussion time

If you have any other items to add to the agenda, please list them in the comments. We’ll see you soon!

No Meeting Oct. 17th – AND Meeting times?

Hi All!

Sorry for the late notice, but we need to cancel today’s meeting!

But, instead of chatting with us in real time, please comment below as to if any other days/times would work better for our team meetings. Due to schedule shifts, life happenings, moves, etc we haven’t been having many folks at our weekly meetings, so if another time would work better, please comment below!

Just an FYI, that we will not schedule our meeting during another WordPress team meeting. Here’s a list of all current meeting times. Thanks Shanta for pulling this information together!

Agenda for October 3, 2017 Meeting

Please join us later today at 19:00 UTC in the #training Slack channel for our weekly meeting! A brief agenda for today:

  1. Welcome
  2. General updates
  3. Discussing next steps/creating a list of concrete action steps to move forward with adjusting our team workflow!

If you have any other items to add to the agenda, please list them in the comments. We’ll see you soon!

Recap of September 26, 2017, Meeting

LAST CALL FOR FEEDBACK ON WORKFLOW CHART

We will include any feedback on the chart by @aimeegc that is received by Monday, October 2nd and then move forward with what we have.

Agenda for September 26, 2017 Meeting

A brief agenda for today:

Welcome
General updates
Updates on auditing of our resources and process planning from the last few weeks.

If you have any other items to add to the agenda, please list them in the comments. We’ll see you soon!

Recap of September 19, 2017, Meeting

Meeting called off. Please take the time to review the draft content flow chart by @aimeegc (@gonza166) at https://make.wordpress.org/training/2017/09/12/content-flow-chart-draft/. Be prepared to offer comments on it next week.

Recap of September 12, 2017 Meeting

Flow Chart

@aimeegc intro to flow chart:
“Ok this is a liiiittle bit overwhelming to look at because it’s consolidated into one space. My goal was to capture the pieces everyone has offered and what I’ve heard, and create thematic spaces with subflows inside them (each space). Then, I wanted those to be situated inside a newcomer’s POV, with the two areas they can jump in to participate/help. All of this is architected on the premise that we’re going to try Github, and knowing/planning for that made this task IMMENSELY easier (aka I got unstuck way faster). I hope that’s a sign that using Github will make organizing this flow IRL immensely easier. Accountability will be a different story, but I am confident that improved visibility of workflow and tagging others will improve accountability.”

Discussion about how to use github for accountability for various tasks.

@pbarthmaier suggested using projects as part of the organization and accountability. He has used it for bug tracking and thinks it could be used for tasks. Unsure about it’s use with free version.

General enthusiasm over using github.

@aimeegc If anyone has comments or questions they can DM her or add comments to the post at https://make.wordpress.org/training/2017/09/12/content-flow-chart-draft/.

Next Steps

The Hows and the Whos:

1. Organize tested lesson plans and tag WP version under maintenance
2. Assumptions tied to “Become a Tester under “testing.”
3. Assumptions tied to “Test and create feedback” under testing.
4. Assumptions tied to “Move to Maintenance and tag” under testing
5. “May want to revisit support flow in Github context.”
6. Who writes and edits lesson plans?
7. Who on the team gives feedback and assigns an editor?
8. Who edits the plan per the style guide?

@aimeegc: Members of the group with more institutional history should look at the chart and share ideas.

@bethsoderberg “I feel like we’re at a point where we have a lot of questions to digest/things to think through from this conversation. The only concrete action step I can think of other than “ruminate” is “look more closely at Github – both in terms of its general capabilities and in terms of how the parts of the WP project that use it already are using it”

@bethsoderberg: @melindahelt and @juliekuehl and I are figuring out who will set up github.

@bethsoderberg responding to “noisy, but there” resources: We can create documentation to help people know how to do the tasks specifically associated with how we will use it.

@pbarthmaier will be on the point of shepherding the transition to github for users with a wiki or some type of documentation.

Content flow chart (draft)

Hi all, this was posted on the Training slack channel, but it’s also here for easier consumption and commenting/reference.

A word of preface:

Ok this is a liiiittle bit overwhelming to look at because it’s consolidated into one space. My goal was to capture the pieces everyone has offered and what I’ve heard, and create thematic spaces with subflows inside them (each space). Then, I wanted those to be situated inside a newcomer’s POV, with the two areas they can jump in to participate/help. All of this is architected on the premise that we’re going to try Github, and knowing/planning for that made this task IMMENSELY easier (aka I got unstuck way faster). I hope that’s a sign that using Github will make organizing this flow IRL immensely easier. Accountability will be a different story, but I am confident that improved visibility of workflow and tagging others will improve accountability.

The draft flowchart:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1OcxNtZ80UPn7JdGtiuUT4yRXN7TKEvIlk1hoUCttRts/edit

 

We also discussed this in the 12 September meeting, so be sure to check out the Meeting Recap for that date.

-AGC

#content, #content-flow, #user-flow

Agenda for September 12, 2017 Meeting

Please join us later today at 19:00 UTC in the #training Slack channel for our weekly meeting! A brief agenda for today:

  1. Welcome
  2. General updates
  3. Updates on auditing of our resources and process planning

If you have any other items to add to the agenda, please list them in the comments. We’ll see you soon!