Summary of Docs Team Biweekly Meeting July 5th, 2022

Housekeeping

Projects checks

DevHub & Learn WordPress development

  • The #meta team is working on improvements to DevHub (the developers documentation). If you have any suggestions, please comment on this post
  • There is also an x-post from the Learn team. Again, if you are interesting in either collaborating or have ideas, please comment. The docs team is actively contributing with the Learn team.

Open Floor

  • @mburridge wanted clarification on whether to continue creating BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor Handbook issues in the Documentation-Issue-Tracker. (see issues #379 and #75).
  • While the Block Editor Handbook falls under the GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ team, @milana_cap mentioned in one of the issues that we might as well gather all issues regarding the Block Editor Handbook in the Documentation-Issue-Tracker while the docs team is preparing to send over a larger issue to the Gutenberg team with all sorts of improvements.
  • Similar issues as #379 and #75 should be posted in #docs so the team can take a look at it. @milana_cap later clarified the point on slack

Props to @greenshady for helping with notes.

Summary for Docs Team Meeting: January 25, 2021

Attendance

@crstauf, @milana_cap, @chaion07, @tacitonic, @atachibana, @estelaris, @paaljoachim, @themiked, @clorith, @austinsangs, @justinahinon, @collinsmbaka, @clorith, @reachmazharul, @mdmamun-1, @snilesh, @habib919000, @ashiquzzaman.

Thanks to @chaion07 for facilitating the meeting.

Housekeeping

Agenda: https://make.wordpress.org/docs/2021/01/25/agenda-for-docs-team-meeting-january-25-2021/

Notetaker: @austinsangs

Notes Reviewed by: @chaion07

Facilitator for the next meeting: @milana_cap

Next Meeting: 01 February 2021

Find the complete Transcript of the meeting on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..

Team Goals for Q1 2021

@themiked reported that PluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party Handbook goals are done.

@milana_cap suggested that all reps for different projects make sure that their projects are added in the Team Goals for Q1 2021 document. This should become a regular practice to have goals listed in our handbook as it’s easier to keep track with projects and contributors can see the progress.

@estelaris updated her project goals and will have and will have the first post ready for review before publishing.

@crstauf posted their goals as follows:

  • stay on top of pending user notes: check twice per day.
  • optimize process for handling feedback for doc changes.

Project Updates

  • Obsolete P2P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. Docs: @themiked suggested that obsolete P2 docs will stay in their place, wrapped with something to indicate their absoluteness. To use the red Warning box short-code along with some phrasing that everyone will then want to modify, but it’s easier to edit than create so that’ll move things along faster. 
  • User Notes: @cstauf mentioned that before the weekend there were no pending user notes. There are however 16 entries for feedback to docs changes that @audrasjb has indicated that he will handle.
  • Migrating from Codex to HelpHub: Content team is migrating and re-routing Codex to Code Reference HooksHooks In WordPress theme and development, hooks are functions that can be applied to an action or a Filter in WordPress. Actions are functions performed when a certain event occurs in WordPress. Filters allow you to modify certain functions. Arguments used to hook both filters and actions look the same.. 296 out of 355 are completed (83.4% from 80.3% from last week). He thanked @stevenlinx like always.
  • BEE-Docs: @bph posted an update asynchronous to the meeting that the team is making headway page updates after 5.6 release Thanks to @cguntur @bizanimesh @geheren @collinsmbaka. She also thanked @incapit, Tom Rankin and @MathewMcCabe for joining the team and collaborating on updates.
  1. New pages needed    6
  2. WordPress 5.6    44
  3. WordPress 5.5    14
  4. WordPress 5.4    3
  5. WordPress 5.3    2
  6. WordPress 5.0    9
  7. Pre WordPress 5.0    3
  8. The will schedule a team sprint for the first week in February to discuss task list for 5.7 @geheren and I are working on triaging the issues from the GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ Changelogs 9.3 – 9.9
Figure: BEE-Docs Update

New Member Mentoring

7 new members joined #docs in the week between 16 and 23 November 2020. The mentoring team is contacting the new members. The process is a little slow due to the unavailability of many members who are still not back from their holidays and we can definitely understand that. The mentoring team continues to maintain the process and always appreciate the new members who respond to our messages. Thanks to @chaion7 for the information. He also thanked @sukafia, @tacitonic, @Prubhtej_9, @tomf @MathewMcCabe for continuing the good work.

Monthly Coffee Break Announcement (January 2021)

The first coffee break for 2021 is set to take place on the 28th of January.

@chaion07 will be hosting this coffee break at 3 PM UTC. Details to be posted in  P2.

Google Season of Docs

@tacitonic reported on the following:

  • Almost completed the Developer Content section.
  • The only other section remaining is the A-Z word list/Glossary.
  • Encouraged team members to review and discuss articles in the discussion tab on the repo.

@tacitonic mentioned that as the project deadline is approaching, it would be great if we could get the GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ to WP Org parser implemented, which would give me some time to work with  errors/issues if any.

Open Floor

@corith referred to a previous message as a reminder posted in the #meta channels: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP4WU5/p1610575528265400 @milana_cap acknowledged the topic and added it to her list. She also mentioned of pinging @kenshino about this.

#meeting-notes, #meetings, #summary

Summary for Docs Team Meeting on 18 January 2021

Attendance

@atachibana @justinahinon @chaion07 @estelaris @rashid @paaljoachim @tacitonic @snilesh @pradeepdotco @collinsmbaka @thisisyeasin @nahidsharifkomol

Thanks to @justinahinon for facilitating the meeting

Note Taker and Next Meeting facilitator

Agenda: https://make.wordpress.org/docs/?p=11003
Notetaker: @collinsmbaka
Facilitator for the next meeting: @chaion07
Next Meeting: 25 January 2021
Find the complete Transcript of the meeting on Slack

Project Updates

@atachibana reported that the Content team is migrating and re-routing Codex to Code Reference HooksHooks In WordPress theme and development, hooks are functions that can be applied to an action or a Filter in WordPress. Actions are functions performed when a certain event occurs in WordPress. Filters allow you to modify certain functions. Arguments used to hook both filters and actions look the same.: 285 of 355 (80.3% from 78.3%). Big Thanks to @stevenlinx as always.

@justinahinon reported on the GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ developer documentation restructuring project. He reported that they are working on the handbook homepage, which is in good progress and the new version will be done in the next few days. @PaalJoachim also reported on the work being done to improve the local development environment for docs with @johnbillion and @justinahinon. he shared a drafted update and his plans to further discuss with the coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. dev team on 20th of January 2021.

@tacitonic reported his update for the Style Guide as follows;

  • I finished the Linking section this week – except for the External Linking document. That is on hold until the policy is finalized.
  • Started the Developer content section.
  • I encourage team members to review and discuss articles in the discussion tab on the repo.
  • @estelaris reported on her work on the documentation redesign; she shared a list of what she has done so far.

    Monthly Coffee Break for January 2021

    The date for this month’s Coffee Break has not been officially fixed and announced but should fall in on the 28th of January, 2021.

    Open floor

    @estelaris has been following up on the redirect links and mentioned that @sergeybiryukov is going to try to fix it for 5.7 as it needs to be fixed in core. Here is the link to the update

    @chaion07 mentioned he isn’t sure but would pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” the #meta team for the weekly meetings calendar to be updated.

    #meeting-notes

    Summary for Docs Team Meeting on 06th July 2020

    Attendance

    @makz, @chaion07, @sukafia, @atachibana, @milana_cap, @tacitonic, @yui, @cristiano.zanca, @softservenet, @Prubhtej_9, @kemze, @glorialchemica, @collinsmbaka, @marcio-zebedu, @stefanocassone, @estelaris, @jubayerjoy, @khushbu.desai, @christiano.zancoo.

    Find the Agenda of the Meeting here.

    Thanks to @chaion07 for Facilitating the Meeting.

    Notetaker & Facilitator Selection

    Notetaker: @chaion07

    Facilitator for the next meeting: @tacitonic

    Next Meeting will be held on: 13 July 2020

    Find the complete Transcript of the meeting on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..

    Project Updates

    @atachibana informed on the MigrationMigration Moving the code, database and media files for a website site from one server to another. Most typically done when changing hosting companies. of Codex that 1022 out of 1070 pages had been completed. Currently the project is 95.5% completed which is a 0.70% improvement from last week. He also thanked @stevenlinx for processing complex cases with Open Tickets.

    @christiano.zanca informed that the Italian team started translation of HelpHub. Currently Google Docs is being used as the base for checking and then publishing it.

    @mkaz is continuing to work on the BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Tutorial. Currently working on the developer’s environment portion through PR 23953 and more.

    @tacitonic currently reviewing The Bee-Docs tasks as @collibnsmbaka and @khushbu.desai are publishing the final drafts on embed blocks. The Bee-Docs Meetings are held every Mondays at 14:00 UTC in #meta-helphub under the supervision of @bph as always.

    @Prubhtej_9 is contributing to the Scribd block editor documentation including a few of the handbooks this week & had a small discussion with the Rest APIREST API The REST API is an acronym for the RESTful Application Program Interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data. It is how the front end of an application (think “phone app” or “website”) can communicate with the data store (think “database” or “file system”) https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/. team regarding their inputs for improving the Rest API handbook.

    Categorization Project

    @estlaris reminds everyone that we are looking forward to comments on the p2 post that she wrote earlier. @milana_cap is looking into the comment left by @annezazu previously that focuses on the Github issue.

    Google Season of Docs

    Requesting everyone to interact using the p2 post dedicated to Technical Writers as the deadline is close to hand.

    External Linking Policy

    You can join the conversation by visiting the p2 post related to this topic. We are expecting input from everyone.

    New Member Mentoring Team

    @softservenet reported that the New Member Mentor Training Team met recently to discuss support capabilities for new members.

    @sukafia reported that the Mentoring Team is actively reaching out and checking up on new members. The team is ensuring that every member gets a Welcome Message and is provided with links to helpful resources and guidance relevant to #docs. 7 new members have joined since last week, raising the numbers for this month to 75. The Team is considering to write a p2 post on the proposal for a dedicated channel on Making WordPress Slack so that this can be discussed with the #meta team.

    You can contact @sukafia, @softservenet, @tacitonic or @Prubhtej_9 with your ideas, suggestions and comments.

    Monthly Coffee Break (July 2020)

    @chaion07 is writing a p2 post covering the monthly summary piece (with the assistance of @sukafia). The new Doodle for the coffee break will be shared in the channel soon. Since it’s not Asian and some timezone friendly, we’ll have to be rotating the time. We will try to rotate the timing in such a manner to suit as many geo-location as possible to gain maximum audience.

    #meeting-notes, #meetings

    Summary for Docs Team Meeting: February 17, 2020

    Attendance

    @kenshino, @wpza, @sasiddiqui, @atachibana, @milana_cap, @felipeloureirosantos, @bph, @leogermani, @estelaris, @nobnob, @sukafia, @tomf, @marcio-zebedeu

    Facilitator: @kenshino
    Note taker: @valentinbora

    Actionable points

    • @everyone to review and give feedback on the Handbook refresh efforts here
    • @leogermani to spearhead Handbook refresh efforts, @milana_cap to help with feedback
    • @leogermani to open a ticket on TracTrac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. regarding #meta statistics and invite @kenshino to draw attention from the appropriate stakeholders
    • @tomf to audit content for outdated or irrelevant WordPress.comWordPress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/ links and compile a list
    • @estelaris to write up notes from the WCVienna working session on classifying docs and post them on this site

    Next meeting

    Monday, February 24, 2020, 15:00 UTC on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. #docs (follow here)

    Handbook refresh

    For the detailed document, see @leogermani‘s New Handbook pages on Google Docs.

    @leogermani gave an update on the Handbook refresh effort and found out that the “Welcome box” is really outdated with confusing links, so he started a proposal to change that as well as give the Handbook a new home page with a short overview and links to more detailed pages

    @leogermani also raised the issue about our internal codenames such as DevHub and HelpHub which can be confusing for end-users, so instead he decided in favor of using developer.wordpress.org and wordpress.org/support, respectively

    @kenshino agreed we should stop using codenames in public information and address them by their URLURL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org only or both codename + url.

    @milana_cap mentioned that we might still want to explain our codenames on specific detail pages in order to help users find the appropriate Components on the Meta Trac when they wanted to raise issues

    WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ vs. WordPress.com

    @sukafia raised the WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com issue again (reminder: people confuse the two when looking for help, documentation)

    @tomf added that they had the same issue during content migrationMigration Moving the code, database and media files for a website site from one server to another. Most typically done when changing hosting companies. where they noticed some content linking to WordPress.com docs when it shouldn’t have (we’re only concerned with WordPress.org here)

    @kenshino asked whether we had a list of content that contains outdated or irrelevant WordPress.com links and @tomf answered that we didn’t. As such, @tomf agreed to lead the effort to audit content and compile a list

    Open Floor

    @leogermani was tasked with reaching out to #meta for statistics but didn’t receive anything back yet and doesn’t know who to specifically reach out to. @kenshino suggested to have a ticket open on Trac to help make it happen

    @estelaris organized an interactive session at WCVienna this past weekend and together reviewed a series of articles and classified them with proper categories and subcategories

    For context, there is an ongoing effort to reorganize WordPress.org documentation. For details, see Working File – HelpHub Article Categories

    @estelaris mentioned that some articles didn’t have proper titles, other articles were (very) outdated and finally some articles were redundant in that they only linked to other pages

    @estelaris agreed to @kenshino‘s invitation to write up some notes from the working session and post them on this site

    @kenshino observed the efforts of @estelaris (Categorization) and @tomf (Content Audit) to be complementary and recommended they worked together

    @kenshino mentioned that @coffee2code updated everyone with the appropriate Team and Contributor badges. Also, there’s a list of people that shouldn’t be holding a Team badge anymore due to inactivity

    Transcript

    https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP4WU5/p1581951613217400

    #docs, #meetings, #summary

    Summary for Docs Team Meeting: February 10, 2020

    Attendance

    @leogermani, @valentinbora, @felipeloureirosantos, @milana_cap, @marcio-zebedeu, @tomf, @chrisvanpatten, @atachibana, @rahmohn, @estelaris, @nullbyte, @bph, @kulsumsiddique, @ibdz, @kartiks16, @passionate, @audrasjb, @themiked, @kenshino, @mkaz, @sukafia

    Facilitator: @leogermani
    Note taker: @valentinbora

    Actionable points

    • @everyone to review and give feedback on the user survey by Feb 12th, 2020.
    • @valentinbora to post DevHub migrationMigration Moving the code, database and media files for a website site from one server to another. Most typically done when changing hosting companies. cross-check code to GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ [update: done]
    • @milana_cap to update workflow for facilitating a meeting by including a step to review prior meeting notes
    • @milana_cap @kenshino to confirm usage of CrowdSignal or another service for hosting the survey
    • @atachibana to coordinate survey review before it goes live
    • @leogermani to review and update the Handbook and welcome box to attract new contributors
    • @leogermani to reach out to the #meta team to ask for stats to help highlight how important, popular and relevant docs are, as well as stats to support the survey (most viewed pages, devices used, referrals, searches etc.)

    Next meeting

    Monday, February 17, 2020, 15:00 UTC on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. #docs (follow here)

    Codex to DevHub migration

    For context, please see the Codex to DevHub migration sheet.

    @leogermani asked @atachibana about updated metrics regarding migration to DevHub

    @valentinbora updated the team about a quick tool he’s written to cross-check migration status for Functions as he found quite a few pages out of sync in the Sheet vs. their actual live status. Before automated corrections there were 480/1069 Functions done (44.9%), after corrections we’ve won some and lost some, tallying to 374/1069 (35%)

    @milana_cap (zzap) requested access to the code and @valentinbora promised to push it to GitHub. [update: done]

    HelpHub (User Docs) Survey

    Please check the survey and give feedback

    everyone’s opinion matters

    @leogermani reminded everyone that the purpose of the survey is to learn: “How complete is our documentation and how can we improve our user docs?”

    @themiked considered the survey to be asking some questions that could be inferred by statistics instead

    @mkaz asked whether the survey was to be taken from a user’s or a developer’s standpoint. @leogermani clarified that it’s both

    @themiked mentioned that the question “How complete is our documentation” is a difficult one to answer for end-users but we could still give it a try

    @leogermani encouraged feedback for the survey to go to the p2 post linked above in order to have it all in one place but would like to hear from @bph in terms of the roadmap for the survey, with WordCamp Asia in mind.

    Comments for the survey should be added by February 12th in order to prepare the survey well enough in advance before WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Asia happening on February 21st, 2020.

    @mkaz considers open ended questions to be difficult for end-users to answer and is wondering whether end-users get their answers from official documentation or elsewhere

    @bph, @leogermani, @milana_cap discussed where to publish the survey, be it CrowdSignal or Pollbuddy vs. Google Forms. @kenshino should have something to say about that

    @kenshino @milana_cap agreed to first focus on gathering the right questions to survey for before February 12th

    @felipeloureirosantos suggested the open-source LimeSurvey as a tool

    @milana_cap offered to review CrowdSignal as a tool for the survey per @kenshino‘s request

    Docs presence at WordCamp Asia

    @milana_cap and @atachibana will lead the Docs table at WordCamp Asia 2020

    @leogermani would like to attract more people to contribute to Docs and wants to review the Welcome box on the handbook page and bring documentation up to date to make it easier for newcomers.

    @atachibana mentioned @estelaris‘ suggestion to reorganize the documentation tree with categories and subcategories.

    @valentinbora suggested reviewing barriers to entry alongside motivational efforts for new contributors

    Docs contributor and team badges

    @milana_cap shared her work in progress document for criteria on obtaining docs badges.

    @kenshino suggested to simplify the docs badge tracking Sheet to just two tabs. Any project leads can add contributors and they’ll be awarded a badge without question. 

    Open Floor

    @valentinbora posted some tickets regarding DevHub and Explanation post types to help with Codex to DevHub migration (see more)

    @leogermani @milana_cap mentioned @netweb was working on making it easier for setting up a local HelpHub environment for new code contributors to join in

    @sukafia would like to know how to suggest edits to the HelpHub (user documentation) and @milana_cap suggested to ask in the #docs channel directly on Slack

    @felipeloureirosantos posted an update regarding Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) docs. They have 5 new translated pages, 1 page in progress and a new contributor over the past week

    @leogermani and @valentinbora conferred about the migration process, specifically that there’s little room for automation regarding redirection, but the redirect itself could be taken care of by an automated script once marked Ready for redirect

    Transcript

    https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP4WU5/p1581346828033500

    Summary for Docs Team Meeting 21 October 2019

    Attendance

    @atachibana @softservenet @fahimmurshed @kafleg @verygoode @kenshino @fierevere @ibdz @audrasjb @leogermani @themiked @felipeelia @milana_cap @nullbyte

    Format

    Today we started with new meeting format. In order to make meetings more useful we want to try to keep updates as short as possible at the beginning of the meeting (or maybe even during day prior to the meeting).

    Most of the meeting will be dedicated to one specific part of Docs team responsibility ― HelpHub is published and it will no longer have dedicated meetings every second week.

    The rest of the meeting time will be used for quick discussions/decisions on any other part of Docs team work.

    Also, whenever possible, it would be good to close the meeting with clear tasks for the next meeting.

    Facilitators and note takers will be rotating. At every meeting one volunteer will be assigned for the next meeting.

    Read more and leave feedback/suggestions on new format: https://make.wordpress.org/docs/2019/10/14/changing-the-nature-of-our-weekly-meetings/

    HelpHub Updates

    • Content: 241 of 1068 (22.6%) pages were redirected. Last week was 230 of 1068 (21.5%).
    • Design: The team for WCValencia prepared some designs, but @estelaris needs to go through and to clean them up before presenting. Leave feedback for Home and CategoryCategory The 'category' taxonomy lets you group posts / content together that share a common bond. Categories are pre-defined and broad ranging. pages here: https://make.wordpress.org/design/2019/10/14/new-design-for-helphub-home-and-category-pages/
    • Development: Development is blocked and waiting for designs and GITGit Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning fast performance. Most modern plugin and theme development is being done with this version control system. https://git-scm.com/./SVNSVN Apache Subversion (often abbreviated SVN, after its command name svn) is a software versioning and revision control system. Software developers use Subversion to maintain current and historical versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation. Its goal is to be a mostly compatible successor to the widely used Concurrent Versions System (CVS). WordPress core and the wordpress.org released code are all centrally managed through SVN. https://subversion.apache.org/. shared repo.
    • Localisation (Rosetta release): More Rosetta sites got HelpHub activated. We are waiting for #meta team to import original HelpHub content. @audrasjb is going to open TracTrac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. ticket to hide automatic link to forums for locales that don’t use forums at .org.

    Common APIs

    @leogermani is proposing moving all documentation on internationalizing APIAPI An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. and localising WordPress coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress., themes and plugins to newly published Common APIs Handbook. He will try to create all the necessary pages this week. After review the old pages from other Handbooks and Codex can be redirected.

    Read more, leave feedback/suggestions and offer your help here: https://make.wordpress.org/docs/2019/10/17/l10n-and-i18n-on-common-apis-handbook/

    Next Meeting

    Next meeting will have focus on Docs Team Handbook. Everyone are invited to review their parts of Handbook and indicate things that are missing or are out of date. A plan on adding/fixing these should also be made.

    What is my part of Handbook?

    Every project has its part in Handbook. You know the best how to contribute to project(s) you are involved with and, therefore, you know better than the others if Handbook is complete and up to date for that specific project.

    The team page is mapping responsibilities and will be used as general guide for Handbook parts ownership. If you are missing from the list or your responsibilities have changed since Team page was created, do let us know and we’ll fix it. Or you can fix it yourself.

    Next meeting will be run by @felipeelia and will happen on

    Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:00 UTC

    Transcript of the meeting can be found here: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP4WU5/p1571670035148100

    Summary for HelpHub meeting 6 May 2019

    Attendance

    @kenshino @milana_cap @atachibana @mkaz @kartiks16 @SallyinStC @felipeelia @tomf @kafleg @ibdz attended

    Phase 1.5 – Development

    @milana_cap outlined some VVV (local development tool) issues with Ubuntu 14.04 hitting end of life (EOL). It’s not absolutely a blocker to continue contribution work but it isn’t ideal.

    @milana_cap also outlined 2 items that should receive a decision so that development work can start on it (small pieces)

    • https://github.com/WordPress/HelpHub/issues/237
    • https://github.com/WordPress/HelpHub/issues/231

    A bug scrub was conducted on April 26 and the notes are available here – https://make.wordpress.org/docs/2019/04/28/helphub-bug-scrub-notes-26-april-2019/

    Content MigrationMigration Moving the code, database and media files for a website site from one server to another. Most typically done when changing hosting companies.

    @atachibana announces that migration of Phase 2 content is 100% complete.

    @naomibush helped to transfer 19 Version (WordPress version notes) pages at WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Atlanta, where she was leading the Doc team’s contributor dayContributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. table.

    @justinahinon added 4 new blockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. editor pages based on classic editor docs.

    As also discussed in the last Docs Team meeting, we’re shifting focus on the content front to doing redirections.

    GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ Developer Handbook

    While not related to HelpHub, we also talked about the Gutenberg Dev handbooks that are being migrated to DevHub (developer.wordpress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/)

    @mkaz outlined the following tasks that need to be done to release the handbook to the public

    1. Merge final PRs
    2. Publish to DevHub
    3. Confirm everything looks good
    4. Work with #meta to add redirects and disable previous auto-sync
    5. Confirm all looks good over week or two and rename to have just one manifest and retire old handbook

    HelpHub Localisation

    There have been technical suggestions from the metaMeta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. team and I think we’re going to wrap up on what the Community and Docs team suggest as a first step.

    We haven’t done that officially but I think we’re still going to recommend setting up the HelpHub pluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party on Rosetta sites (other handbook CPT for community team) so that people can actually translate content right away.

    If GlotPress becomes the tool we can use for long form translation, we can shift back to it when needed

    You can read a transcript of the meeting at https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP4WU5/p1557154872221300

    Summary for HelpHub meeting 14 January 2019

    Attendance

    @kenshino @atachibana @dryanpress @zzap @clorith @softservenet @greensteph @fahimmurshed @subratasarkar attended.

    Closing of Phase 1 Launch

    Contents migrationMigration Moving the code, database and media files for a website site from one server to another. Most typically done when changing hosting companies. were completed.

    Phase 1.5 was newly defined to solve high priority issues of Phase 2.

    1. Fix styling problems of sidebarSidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme., TOC and language locator to existing articles (@zzap)
    2. Migrate Codex language links to HelpHub (@atachibana)
    3. Setup redirect from Codex articles to HelpHub (@atachibana)
    4. Update GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ related articles (Status)
    5. Migrate WordPress Version articles (Status)

    Phase 2 discussion

    By introduction of Phase 1.5, Phase 2 discussions were paused until February at least.

    HelpHub contents

    Phase 2 migration target was listed up here.
    @atachibana will create all Codex pages table with help of #meta team.

    Voice & tone – Writing Style

    @kadair wrote the 1st edition, and now calling for the review. Please refer this article.

    Maintaining Classic Editor & BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. editor docs

    @dryanpress and @clorith discussed about the soulution. plans were to identify all content in HelpHub and rename/re-slug i.e. Writing Content ==> Writing Content in the Classic Editor and create redirects to new equivalents.

    Summary for HelpHub meeting 20 August 2018

    Attendance

    @atachibana @tomf @kenshino @mapk @kafleg @tomjn @felipeelia @milana_cap

    Phase 1 Updates

    Last #meta meeting didn’t happen and we are still waiting for reply from them.

    Phase 2 discussion

    @tomf needs help in finding code for Contributor feedback functionality. We want to replicate functionality from Code Reference for start.

    We need response from @mapk on new WordPress Version page design suggestion – https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/245

    Bug Scrub

    These will be reviewed and merged by @kenshino:

    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/pull/252
    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/pull/253

    Assigned issues:

    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/214 Assigned @milana_cap
    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/229 Assigned @felipeelia
    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/230 Assigned @felipeelia
    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/236 Assigned @mapk

    Help wanted:

    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/231
    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/232
    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/237

    On hold:

    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/233 For now keeping open.
    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/254 No for now, but we still want recognition for contributors.

    Closed:

    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/250 Duplicate of 229.

    Theme Versioning discussion:

    https://github.com/Kenshino/HelpHub/issues/258

    You can view the meeting history in detail at:
    https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP4WU5/p1534777236000100