Meeting notes #docs office hours 3/12 regarding THB
- Discussed how the THB has great content, but starting at Ch. 3: Theme Functionality until the end of the THB, many sections need more explaining and work to be user friendly for new theme developers and to match the tone started in the first two chapters
- Actionable items will be added to pages that need updating. Standardized from here out users creating notes in spreadsheet will include their name and the date of the note to assist in the process.
- Inconsistencies between linking to outside references versus including all content within the THB were discussed. A decision was reached to keep everything internal and remove links to non-wordpress.org sites.
- The problem of long pages was discussed in moving everything internally and the solution was provided to expand/contract code references. @siobahn will create a ticket.
- The difficulties in having both a tutorial and reference combined in one handbook was discussed and a shortcode solution to wrap tutorial sections in was decided upon.
- The styling will be light purple with a hammer dashicon @samuelsidler is creating the ticket
- Users will be able to hide or expand all future tutorial sections based on their needs
- Additionally, pulling out the entire tutorial into one combined page/section should be available with the use of the shortcode.
- To assist users in the tutorial, hyperlinks to previous tutorial sections will be provided in each new section for users that are jumping in mid process.
- A slimmed down version of twenty fifteen theme was decided upon to be the theme built in the THB. Someone to simplify twenty fifteen has yet to be determined
- New tasks will be added to spreadsheet that encompass overall goals to be completed by one or two people for the sake of consistency.