Diverse Speaker Training Group (#WPDiversity) 2022 Year-End Report

Hello everyone! The Diverse Speaker Training Group (#WPDiversity) helps WordPress event organizers diversify their speaker lineups and create more inclusive and welcoming events.

Every year we calculate our results accomplished since the previous State of the WordState of the Word This is the annual report given by Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress at WordCamp US. It looks at what we’ve done, what we’re doing, and the future of WordPress. https://wordpress.tv/tag/state-of-the-word/.. Here is December 2021 to December 2022.

A few highlights:

• This year we continued carrying out the 3 programs that we launched in 2021.
  • We launched an APAC branch of our group, the APAC WPDiversity Network Building meetings
  • We translated our speaker workshop material into more languages
  • We put a lot of focus on getting more contributors to participate in the group this year, and that number went up significantly
  • We held our first day-long in-person workshop (except for the facilitator over Zoom), which was a lot like producing a WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more.
  • We held fewer events to make room for more of the other things that our group needs to do, and yet all of our results went up! More people in more places with higher results.
  • We had #WPDiversity initiatives at WCEUWCEU WordCamp Europe. The European flagship WordCamp event.
  • We advised people on their questions and initiatives ideas when the surge of interest in WordPress diversity that happened earlier this year
  • We launched a calendar of events that we keep updated on our handbook page

And now, let’s talk numbers

Program 1: Underrepresented Voices Speaker Workshops

• Participants self-reported an increase in public speaking confidence of: 54%

Program 2: How to Organize Inclusive and Welcoming WordPress Events

• Participants self-reported an increase in feeling prepared to run an inclusive event of: 40%

Program 3: Speaker support and speaking opportunities (#diverse-speaker-support SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel)

• 225+ speakers, speaker mentorsMentor Someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues., event organizers, and allies in the Slack channel so far

Overall

Our 15 events (workshops and group coaching sessions) in 2022 impacted:

• 248 participants
  • from 117 cities
  • in these 27 countries:
  1. Bangladesh
  2. Bhutan
  3. Bolivia
  4. Canada
  5. Cabo Verde
  6. Costa Rica
  7. England
  8. Germany
  9. Greece
  10. India
  11. Indonesia
  12. Italy
  13. Luxembourg
  14. Netherlands
  15. Nigeria
  16. Philippines
  17. Portugal
  18. Rwanda
  19. Serbia
  20. Slovakia
  21. South Africa
  22. Spain
  23. Switzerland
  24. Uganda
  25. United Kingdom
  26. United States
  27. Marked as “Unknown”

Increased number of contributors in the team:

• 2020-2021: 5 contributors
  • 2021-2022: 32 contributors!

Our speaker workshop materials are available in:

Testimonials:

“I truly appreciate the #WPDiversity programs. I wouldn’t have done a successful talk at WordCamp US 2022 without them. I guess I can’t say that I suck at public speaking anymore!”

– Ebonie Butler, Senior Software Engineer, Philadelphia USA

“The reason that our WordCamp 2022 organizers are a diverse team is as a direct result of your #WPDiversity Speaker training. This group’s composition is no accident. The 2019 group was kind of a diversity nightmare. Of our 14 organizers in 2022, 9 are from underrepresented groups (gender, ethnicity, neurodiverse). Our speakers are similarly diverse.”

– A WordCamp Organizer Co-Lead, United States

“I’d love to see ALL THE ORGANIZERS take an Organizing Diverse & Inclusive WordPress Events workshop!”

– Sallie Goetsch, organizer, East Bay WordPress MeetupMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook.

You can read more testimonials in our monthly reports.

With the return of in-person events, we are looking forward to continue being of service to MeetupsMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. and WordCamps to in 2023!

#wpdiversityannualreport

Report: #WPDiversity Inclusion and Diverse Speaker Workshops October and November 2022

In October and November 2022, the #WPDiversity group held an Inclusion workshop and follow-up coaching session, and a full-day in person women speakers event in San José, Costa Rica.

Organizing Diverse & Inclusive WordPress Events 

Organizing Diverse & Inclusive WordPress Events Workshop, October 13, 2022

We held a watch party workshop to help MeetupMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. and WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. organizers, or anyone in WordPress who would like to champion this work, hold diverse and inclusive events.

Facilitator: @jillbinder

• Number who attended online: 12
  • From number of cities: 12
  • From number of countries: 8 (Bhutan, Canada, Costa Rica, India, Philippines, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States)
  • Self-reported increase in preparedness to run an inclusive event: 30%

Testimonials

“The Inclusion workshop helped me to acknowledge even more how important diversity is and to see where diversity is lacking. I saw how important it is to listen and to learn, and to be ready to create safe places so more people will join and stay in the community. The content was good. The workshop felt like a comfortable and safe space for us to learn. — Carlos Moreira, WordPress Developer, Portugal

Organizing Diverse and Inclusive WordPress Events Follow-up SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. chat, November 17, 2022

As a follow-up to our October 2022 Inclusion workshop, we held a follow-up Slack chat in November to celebrate successes, discuss challenges, answer questions, and have diversity discussions.

Guest coach: D. Squinkifer

Number who attended: 15

From number of cities: 15

From number of countries: 8 (Canada, England, India, Phillippines, Luxembourg, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States)

Diverse Speaker Workshop

WordPress #WPDiversity Speaker Workshop for Women Voices in Latin America, October 29, 2022

We held our first day-long in-person workshop! It was in San José, Costa Rica. The facilitator was over Zoom and spoke English. There were two live translators translating to participants in Spanish and back to the facilitator in English over wireless headsets.

Number who attended: 35

From number of cities: 9

From number of countries: 1 (Costa Rica)

Self-reported increase in public speaking self-confidence scores: 52%

Testimonials

There were a lot of amazing testimonials spoken at the event and provided in the feedback form after. This report will need to be properly updated after the new year along with who said them.

[Edit on Feb 2, 2023: We had 22 testimonials! I am putting them under the “Show full post” section below.]

Diverse Speaker Support Channel

We have a Slack channel (#diverse-speaker-support) in the Make WordPress Slack for:

• workshopping talks with each other and with mentorsMentor Someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues.
  • finding out about WordPress speaking opportunities from WordPress MeetupsMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. and WordCamps
  • getting to know other WordPress speakers and organizers

We are experimenting with effective ways to invite workshop participants to the channel. In September and October, a handful signed up mostly because it was not clear what a Slack username was when we asked for it. Also we offered to help people create their Slack accounts, but everyone whom we did this for got stuck in the middle of process and no one completed it.

We worked on these and in December we had a very high rate. This will go into the December report to be released in January 2023.

Thank you

A lot of people contribute to making these workshops successful. Thank you to each and every one!

Upcoming Workshops

Keep an eye on the list of upcoming #WPDiversity events is posted on the Diverse Speaker Group (#WPDiversity) page in the Community handbook.

Updated on February 2, 2023:

WordPress #WPDiversity Speaker Workshop for Women Voices in Latin America, October 29, 2022

Testimonials

Continue reading

#diversespeakerworkshopsreports

Twitter links on WordCamp websites

I have been told that I can post here to start a discussion about it, so here it is

For years, I found it annoying that we have a Twitter field in the WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. ticket form for attendees (and in the sponsor entry).

Why Twitter? and especially why Twitter only?

With the recent events happening at Twitter (lack of free speech despite its new owner’s declarations, some journalists being banned, mastodon links banned), I wanted to suggest something that has been on my mind for years: a change in attendees and sponsor entries.
We must be aware that the inclusive WordPress community should not keep “pushing” people to have a Twitter account if they want to add a link to their attendee entry, especially now with recent changes there.

Of course, we cannot display a series of links on attendees’ page or printed badge, and we cannot have a long link on printed badges.

What are the possibilities?

• ask people to enter their profile.wordpress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ link? or GravatarGravatar Is an acronym for Globally Recognized Avatar. It is the avatar system managed by WordPress.com, and used within the WordPress software. https://gravatar.com/.? Linktree? About.me kind of pages?
    problem: not every attendee has a wp org profile or one of the other services I mention
  • let everyone enter 1 freely chosen link that can be a long address (and that can be a Twitter address OR another one, chosen by the attendee).
    problems:
    -> it cannot be printed on WordCamp printed badges as some will be too long
    -> would we need to moderate the links?
  • same as above, let everyone enter 1 freely chosen link and have the WordCamp system create a shortlink? A QR code? both? for the attendee page and the printed badges.
    problem: this feature would need yet to be created and implemented in the WordCamp sites

• any other idea that I would love to read in the comments

Thank you very much, I’m looking forward to reading what everyone thinks about that.

Idea: Creating a translation events kit for Meetups

When I proposed the Polyglots Outreach Effort, I was inspired by the Community team’s Meetup reactivation project. While the format is different, many goals are the same: to help support various WordPress communities in their efforts. 

A few MeetupMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. reactivation supporters have kindly included me – or my idea! – in some of their check-in calls recently. I’ve gotten some good feedback and support for the idea, and I’d like to share it more broadly to invite others to help.

Translation events for Meetup groups

For the Meetup reactivation program, I’d like to suggest encouraging and facilitating translation events for Meetup groups! This can help accomplish a few things:

• Meetup organizers often benefit from easy-to-organize event types
  • Contributor events may target new attendees, especially if there is a “how to” portion
  • New translators can contribute more effectively with hands-on experience
  • Translation communities exist within the broader, local WordPress community – growing one may help grow the other!

Many Meetup organizers and Meetup reactivation supporters are already Polyglots. After all, there are currently 209 locales into which WordPress can be translated! The challenge of needing more contributors – from active translators and translation editors to active organizers and attendees – is a shared challenge for various communities. How can we work together to help?

Creating a translation event kit

I think we can build a resource kit that makes it easy to set up a translation event. For example, need a backup option when you don’t have any other ideas or can’t find a speaker? Use the kit! 

An event kit can include everything from:

• A default template that can be copied and pasted right into Meetup.com (or translated first!)
  • A suggested agenda or schedule template
  • A list of suggested tasks for translators to tackle
  • A list of resources, including relevant Handbook pages and videos
  • Social media templates
  • Any other ideas you may have

My goal is to create a resource that allows organizers to use all the available materials to organize a small translation event quickly and easily.

How to help

I’d like to invite Meetup reactivation supporters to help me with this. In particular, I would love your help with the following:

• Writing or reviewing the event kit documents
  • Sharing feedback or ideas on any other items that would help organizers
  • Sharing this with the Meetup groups you’re working with
  • Letting Polyglots know when you’ve successfully helped someone organize a translation event by posting a comment on the monthly outreach posts – let’s celebrate!

If you’d like to help or have any feedback on this idea, your comments are welcome on this post. The Community team’s work with the Meetup reactivation project has been so impactful. I’m excited to explore ways our efforts can help support both contributor teams!

Recap of the Diverse Speaker Training group (#WPDiversity) AMER/EMEA on December 14, 2022

Attending: @askdesign, @jillbinder, @juliarosia, @katiejrichards, @kcrockett, @leogopal, @martatorre, @onealtr, @sc0ttkclark

Attended by proxy: @santanainniss

Start: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C037W5S7X/p1671040841432489

Summary

1 – Attendance and check-ins (everyone)

We started discussing a Translation pluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party that we have installed on the WordPress SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. We are going to test it and hopefully launch it in the #diverse-speaker-support channel in the new year.

2 – First time here

3 – 2022 results! (@jillbinder)

Jill posted our great 2022 results. These will be posted in an annual report on this P2P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. later this week.

4 – 2022 Acknowledgements (@jillbinder)

Jill acknowledged the community effort that goes into our work. People really stepped up this year and contributed a lot! Whether people contributed by a sharing social media post or doing even more, your contribution really matters. 

5 – State of the WordState of the Word This is the annual report given by Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress at WordCamp US. It looks at what we’ve done, what we’re doing, and the future of WordPress. https://wordpress.tv/tag/state-of-the-word/. party (@jillbinder)

We talked about if we should hold our own watch party or join the Training Team’s party. In the end, we decided that we will hold one. The link will be posted on #community-team and #diverse-speaker-support channel tomorrow.

– Marketing (@santanainniss@jillbinder)

Santana shared the great recent marketing results and asked about upcoming workshops and any spicy year end stats to share.

Jill replied that the next workshop should be ready in the new year, and the year end stats were posted above and will be posted on the Community P2 this week.

Jill shared how this helped us have a fantastic turnout at our speaker workshop last week (and the great results of the workshop).

Marta is collecting “before” diversity data in Spain so that there will be something to compare after she has started doing the diversity work there.

– APAC WPDiversity Network Building (@onealtr)

Oneal shared the WordPress events coming up in Asia, and these great resources:

• As a Speaker at WordCamp Asia, you can apply for Financial Support to attend if you are an underrepresented individual https://asia.wordcamp.org/2023/underrepresented-speaker-support/
  • Recommendations on securing your visa to go to Thailand https://asia.wordcamp.org/2023/make-your-visa-arrangement-as-early-as-possible/
  • The Diversity Scholarship Recipient https://asia.wordcamp.org/2023/diversity-scholarship-recipient/

8 – Year-end self-Reviews (@jillbinder)

Jill is asking all group members to send in by December 31, 2022:

How do you think you’re doing?
https://jill249.typeform.com/to/uQ4VfC

How do you think Jill’s doing? (anonymous so you can be honest!)
https://jill249.typeform.com/to/zvh5yJ

9 – Other Updates + Anything else to share about 2022 + Next meeting facilitator (anyone)

End: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C037W5S7X/p1671044478977039

#wpdiversity

December Update: Global Meetup Reactivation Project

The WordPress MeetupMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. Reactivation Project is well underway. Read on for an update!

Since the last update:
+7 new Meetup groups have joined the WordPress meetup chapter program
+12 dormant MeetupsMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. have been reactivated

Is your meetup currently active? Tell the world by posting a photo on social media with the hashtag #WordPressMeetup

Background

Why meetup reactivation?

Many WordPress Meetups around the world have been dormant due to the COVID-19 pandemic and organizer burnout. Yet thriving Meetups are crucial for the health of the global WordPress community!

How does meetup reactivation work?

In July, the Global Community TeamGlobal Community Team A group of community organizers and contributors who collaborate on local events about WordPress — monthly WordPress meetups and/or annual conferences called WordCamps. published a Call for Supporters and launched the Meetup Reactivation Project. Since then, Meetup Reactivation Supporters started directly reaching out to the organizers of every dormant WordPress meetup to:

• Check on the status of the meetup
  • Encourage reactivation
  • Ask how we can best support the organizers
  • Identify whether new organizers are needed

We define a dormant meetup as one that has not held an event in the past six months (virtual or in-person). There were more than 400 dormant WordPress meetups at the launch of this project — which means there is significant opportunity to reactivate our global community!

The numbers (so far)!

There are currently 778 WordPress chapter Meetups in 113 countries, with 509,647 members. Yet at the start of the reactivation project, we identified that 416 of these groups were dormant.

The project currently has 41 meetup reactivation supporters globally. These amazing volunteers are reaching out directly to the organizers of each dormant meetup group. 

As a result of their efforts:

• 126 meetup groups reactivated in 2022 (🎉)!
  • 15 additional meetup groups indicated that they plan to reactivate, but haven’t yet held an event
    • Note: The data now distinguishes between groups that Reactivated (held an event or have one scheduled) and groups that Plan to Reactivate (indicated that they plan to reactivate, but haven’t yet scheduled an event). We combined these two numbers in previous updates.
  • 16 dormant Meetups were removed from the WordPress meetup chapter program, because the previous organizers were not available to reactivate the group and no member came forward to serve as organizer.

Next Steps

As we enter the next phase of meetup reactivation, Supporters will seek new organizers for dormant meetup groups and follow up with organizers who indicated that they plan to reactivate a group, but haven’t yet scheduled an event. We will continue to share updates here on the Community Team blog.

Thank you to our wonderful meetup reactivation supporters, the hundreds of meetup organizers who are reactivating their groups, and the energetic new organizers who have come forward to lead meetups!

Want to reactivate your local meetup group or form a new meetup?

Contact the Community Team at support@wordcamp.org. We’re here to help!

Need help to reengage your community, or assistance in finding new ideas for your Meetup events?

Reach out to the Meetup Support team at meetup-support@wordcamp.org!

Relevant posts:

#meetups, #outreach, #reactivation, #community-team

Suggest Topics for the 2023 WordPress Community Summit

Summary: This is a request for all Contributor Teams to suggest Community Summit topics by January 16, 2023.

As announced at WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. US 2022, the 2023 WordPress Community Summit will be held August 22-23 in National Harbor, DC, USA. 

The Community Summit brings together WordPress contributors, team leads, and diverse community voices to discuss the challenges and clarify the vision for WordPress in the years ahead. The Community Summit is an “unconference,” without slides, selected speakers, or planned presentations. The Community Summit will provide a valuable opportunity to hold in-person discussion on important topics across contributor teams and community-wide. It meant to be a safe space to exchange ideas and viewpoints.

To this end, the lead organizing team requests input from all Contributor Teams.

What topics would:

1. Help advance your team’s work or help strengthen the overall WordPress open sourceOpen Source Open Source denotes software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified. Open Source **must be** delivered via a licensing model, see GPL. project; and
  2. Specifically benefit from dedicated, in-person, cross-team discussion at the Community Summit?

Please suggest Community Summit topics via this form on a rolling basis.

Questions? Email communitysummit@wordcamp.org

#2023, #communitysummit, #contributors

WordCamp Mentors’ December check-in!

Hello MentorsMentor Someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues.!
If you are currently mentoring a WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more., please share how the team is doing and any other insights, interesting ideas, or innovations that they’re planning.

Leave a comment on this post and share your update. Thanks! 😀

#mentors, #wordcamps

Proposed 2023 Global Community Sponsorship Program

If your company is interested in global sponsorship, please indicate your interest by emailing support@wordcamp.org by January 13, 2023.

After deliberation and conversation with current Global Sponsors, we have the proposed draft for the 2023 Global Community Sponsorship Program. If you know a company that you think would be a good candidate for global sponsorship, please suggest they review this post, provide feedback, and email support@wordcamp.org for more details!

TL;DR

2022 saw an increase of in-person WordCamps. Hooray! Package rates will increase from 2022 to 2023 to reflect that growth, as well as rising cost of hosting events.

Highlighted changes to the program

• One package for the whole program, with three tiers: Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
  • For top level sponsors (Gold), the option to have one brand as the global sponsor, and select affiliated brands for representation at each WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. (one brand per WordCamp). This is in reflection of the high number of mergers and acquisitions in the WordPress space in recent years.

Questions? Feedback?

If you have any questions, observations, or critical feedback about the program in general or these proposed changes, please comment on the post! Thank you for the diligent work in creating this year’s program, @kcristiano, @sippis, @harmonyromo, @peiraisotta, and thank you to our current Global Sponsors for their input.

Read on for full detals

#global-sponsorship

Community Team Meeting Agenda 1 Dec 2022

The Community Team chat is taking place on the first week Thursday every month. 

As you know, the meeting is meant for all contributors on the team and everyone who is interested in taking part in some of the things our team does. Feel free to join us, even if you are not currently active in the team!

Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly meeting: 2022/12/01 12:00 UTC

Americas friendly meeting: Thursday, 2022/12/01 21:00 UTC

You will find a preliminary agenda for the meeting below. If you wish to add points to discuss, comment on this post or reach out to one of the team reps: @samsuresh or @megabyterose. It does not need to be a blog post yet, the topic can be discussed during the meeting nevertheless. We use the same agenda for both meetings.

DeputyDeputy Community Deputies are a team of people all over the world who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and generally keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about deputies in our Community Deputy Handbook. / MentorMentor Someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. / Contributor check-ins

What have you been doing and how is it going? What did you accomplish after the last meeting? Are there any blockers? Can other team members help you in some way?

Highlights

Plan Your State of the Word Watch Party Today!

State of the WordState of the Word This is the annual report given by Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress at WordCamp US. It looks at what we’ve done, what we’re doing, and the future of WordPress. https://wordpress.tv/tag/state-of-the-word/. 2022 is just around the corner and it’s the perfect opportunity to organize a watch party for your community.

Vote for Team Rep 2023

Voting for Team RepTeam Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. is now open

WordPress Community Team Training #5: Active Listening

Deputy training is now rebranded as Community Team Training. We have upcoming training planned on 8 Dec 2022 with the topic Active Listening. 

Meetup.com Accessibility Overlay Update

In recent weeks, WordPress meetupMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. organizers expressed their disappointment in Meetup.com’s new accessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) overlay, and brought this to the attention of the Community Team

Announcements / Newsletters

Open floor

Here is your chance to bring things into discussions that weren’t on the meeting agenda. You can also use this opportunity to share anything that you want with the team. If you have a topic in mind before the meeting, please add it to the comments of this post, we will update the agenda accordingly.

Hope to see you on Thursday, either in Asia-Pacific / EMEA or America’s friendly version of the meeting!

#meeting-agenda, #team-meeting

#team-chat