As a reminder, we have a chat tomorrow at 11:00 UTC. The update below is from last week’s chat
It’s been a while since we last met! I think WordPress 4.3 somewhat distracted us. Here’s what’s happened in the last three weeks:
- Forums: Progress has been made on porting bbPress 1.x plugins! So far, @jmdodd has migrated two plugins to bbPress 2.x. If you’re interested in helping out, be sure to put your name in the “Migrate?” column of the table. (Need access? Just ping me.)
- Translate: A “Waiting” tab now exists and both it and the themes tab is now sorted by the order previously discussed. Filters are still coming (pending design), but we’re well on our way. Additionally, themes are now in sync with the directory and fully caught up. That means if a theme is approved in the directory, it is automatically imported into translate.wordpress.org.
- Sort orders (and filters) in translate.wordpress.org.
- Properly log warnings in translate.wordpress.org to a Slack channel so we can keep an eye on them.
- Fixes to
- Rosetta header changes.
- An i18n dashboard to keep track of major products.
- Automation of Rosetta deploys (pending logging mentioned above).
- Job / queue system for imports and language pack generation (with systems).
About a month ago, I made a list of next steps before importing plugins to translate.wordpress.org and we’ve done them all, but run into a few other things needed (as listed above). That said, I think we’re very close to the point where we can import plugins. Of the items above, only the job system is necessary, due to the number of commits plugins receive. More to come on make/plugins.