A few more things were discussed at this week’s meta i18n chat:
- Translate Themes: Just a couple of things:
- All active themes were imported! But syncing hasn’t been enabled yet so a few newer themes (since the start of the import) are not yet imported. They will be soon, don’t worry.
- Language packs were enabled for themes! If a theme does not ship with translations and is fully translated into a language (in translate.wordpress.org), a language pack will be generated and automatically downloaded. Woohoo! Language pack generation is automatic. When a theme is fully translated (100%) in a language, a language pack will be generated. Some history from @ocean90:
- Translate Project Prioritization: I’m working up a detailed list of what we should do and when, based on the post from last week (and comments). Design-wise, we’re going to stick with what exists in the theme directory and modify as necessary.
- Translate Import Queuing: There’s a lot of projects that will be added and syncing. We’re going to work up a queueing system in case things get overwhelmed. This is needed before we start importing plugins.
- Rosetta Header: We need to “fix” the Rosetta header with the static, known sections, allowing Editors to add on at the end of it. Since we don’t have a showcase except on the homepage, my proposal is to set the following menu items: Home, Themes, Plugins, Forums (if they exist), Blog. Editors will be able to add additional menu items.
- (Note here that we should really add the Download button to the Rosetta headers as well.)
Over the next week, we’re going to continue to improve themes on translate.wordpress.org, including language pack work and synchronization. If there’s time, we’ll also start adding filters / prioritization to projects.