If you are working on a feature project or a patch, you may want to post a call for testing to see if you can find some volunteers who will test your work. When posting a call for testing, it’s good to:
- Explain the feature or update briefly
- Provide a short list of specific testing steps
- List known issues (if any)
- Mention how to provide feedback
- Include a date for the completion of the testing
After testing has been completed, review and respond to feedback and make sure to thank people for testing. When replying to commenters, it’s best to be patient and say thank you without offering specific fixes or promising certain fixes right away. This will give you time to reflect on the feedback and weigh it properly.