If you are reading these notes on a website other than the Make WordPress Marketing blog, you can add comments directly to the #marketing channel on the Make WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. or via the team’s blog. The team may not be aware of comments you add on other sites which replicate the notes.
1. Welcome and introduction
- The meeting discussions on the Marketing team channel on Slack start with this message in the Make WordPress Slack. You can add to the threads if you were unable to attend the meeting live or for its full duration. If an update relates to a task, please also update the relevant GitHub card on the GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ tasks board. This is the main project tracking area for the team.
- Meeting notes: @abidhasan112
- For those new to the team, the New Contributor Orientation section of the Handbook can be a good place to start. You can also visit the team’s GitHub task board and join any card you are interested in. All you need is a GitHub account to add a comment or update to a relevant card/ ticket.
2. Marketing Team News
2a. Team Management
2b. Team Reps
3. Marketing project and task updates
3a. Open GitHub issues
From previous Open Floors for items not yet turned into Marketing GitHub issues:
Open Marketing GitHub cards:
If you have completed the tasks related to any of the below, please take a look and close tasks or update them as necessary.
3b. WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social media updates
Our WordPress Social Media Amplification GitHub card #7 details how you can help share and amplify WordPress news on social media. You will also find a list of the primary WordPress.org social accounts and campaign contacts if you would like to help craft content.
WordPress continued some strong individual performances this week but this was seen most in the number of new followers again earned this week with a total of 1,869 net-new followers. Impressions and engagements were lower this week but based on the fact we had fewer campaigns. Instagram was again our leading channel in terms of growth with another 646 new followers which is a 55.7% jump over the previous week.
Part of the overall performance came from the WP Learn campaign and WP 6.1 features campaigns. These 2 campaigns ended up in the top 3 for the week respectively. The WP 6.1 posts actually ended up with 2 posts in the top 3.
Here is a look at some of the performance numbers for the last week:
- Impressions: 145,466
- Engagements: 2,438
- Link clicks: 513
- Engagement Rate: 1.4%
3c. Contributor events update
- Do you know of any upcoming WordCamps that will/want to have Marketing contributor tables?
3d. Make WordPress Publications Roundup
Recent publications and postings from around the project.
- WordPress Project Updates:
- WP Briefing:
- Polyglots Monthly Newsletter: January 2023:
4. Open floor
Abha Thakor: There is a WordPressDeveloper account on Twitter I was sent that uses a version of the WordPress logo. Might be worth @EidolonNight looking at it. I was asked if this was the account for core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.. It is not. Will add the link.
5. Next Steps
Please continue asynchronous discussion of individual items in their respective threads or on the related GitHub card to ensure your comments are included in the meeting notes.
Our next meeting is 7 February, 2023 at 15:00 UTC.
Thank you all for contributing to the Make Marketing Team!