Slack Log (Requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account.)
The meeting agenda.
Introductions and Welcome
This meeting is a follow up to the earlier Training Team meeting so that we can include more people in more time zones in Training Team meetings.
Attendance: @webtechpooja, @azhiyadev, @anandau14, @kemmy99, @webcommsat, @onealtr, @psykro
We discussed upcoming Contributor Days
Yoast Contributor Day February 4
WCEU 2022 Contributor Day, 2-4 June
If we have team members planning to attend WCEU, let us know if you’d like to help organize the contributor table of the Training Team.
We discussed Training Team Goals for 2022
A reminder that we’ve got some big goals for the year ahead. Please do take some time to scan through this overview. We’ll begin work on some of the March goals as soon as next week (such as Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. -> Github GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ migration Moving the code, database and media files for a website site from one server to another. Most typically done when changing hosting companies.)
Other decision-making topics:
These are open for feedback. Please provide your feedback.
February 2022 Sprint
We still continue working on shipping content for 5.9. If you want to help us in revision or writing new content please comment on the post or you can message us on #training slack channel as well.
Lesson plan ready for review:
Lesson plan ready for proofreading review. If anyone like to proofread, Please let us know.
Should be checked for grammar/tone of voice, code validation, and instructional review.
Training Team Goals
These are flagged to be delivered by March 2022 and added to the Sprint as well.
- Use GitHub Projects in LearnWP repository for managing team activity
- Implement a Faculty program (like Community Deputies, name to be determined)
- Brainstorm and discovery for the creation of a Needs Analysis
- Plan promotions with the Marketing Team
- Create Instructor/Facilitator resources portion on LearnWP
@anandau14 ask where to submit the ideas to improve the user experience of Learn course section. They can be submitted on Learn Github & errors and suggestions can also be submitted on Report Content Errors | Learn WordPress
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
- Getting Involved:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/getting-started/
- About The Team:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/about/
- Our Team Blog:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/
- Our Content Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/BsfzszRM/wordpress-training-team-lesson-plan-development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/category/sprint/
- Learn WordPress Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/rK1tztAA/learn-wordpress
- Learn WordPress Issues Log:- https://github.com/WordPress/learn
- Our Lesson Plans:- https://learn.wordpress.org/lesson-plans/
- Our YouTube Channel:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnxqNA0WORZXWurEP6cNV6w
- Learn Website:- https://learn.wordpress.org/
#learnwp #training #meeting-recap #notes