The Editor component covers:
- Integration of the Gutenberg block editor, which was added in WordPress 5.0, into WordPress Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress..
- Maintenance of the classic editor, which was the default editor until WordPress 5.0.
💬 Weekly chat Wednesday 14:00 UTC in the #core-editor Slack channel.
Recent posts on the make/core blog (versus network, site)
View all posts tagged editor.
Recent posts on the make/test blog
View all posts tagged editor.
409 open tickets in the Editor component
409 open tickets. Last 7 days: +4 tickets
78 tickets that have no replies
View list on Trac
- #50544 Move Navigation screen's PHP The web scripting language in which WordPress is primarily architected. WordPress requires PHP 5.6.20 or higher code from Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ to Core
- #51982 Textarea to which button 'Add block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.' attach to don't get the focus and Blocks from Blocks / Patterns area are placing into the previous place of focus ui
- #51989 Preview does not reflect layout change on published posts
- #52054 WordPress 5.6 broke my ability to create posts.
- #52215 conflict A conflict occurs when a patch changes code that was modified after the patch was created. These patches are considered stale, and will require a refresh of the changes before it can be applied, or the conflicts will need to be resolved. with useBlockProps()
- #52475 Metaboxes unable to be moved to side panel anymore?
- #52592 PHP notice when the label property is missing from register_block_style
- #52659 Insert Link tool should not apply anchor tag A directory in Subversion. WordPress uses tags to store a single snapshot of a version (3.6, 3.6.1, etc.), the common convention of tags in version control systems. (Not to be confused with post tags.) before anchor has been applied ui
- #52819 Naming of Reusable block: make it required & unique
- #53027 gutenberg editor: click on document-outline elements has no effect.
- #53029 'separate_items_with_commas' does not display in Block editor meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. section
- #53208 WordPress editor documentation: a few suggested changes docs
- #53254 YouTube blocks becomes uneditable
- #53256 Cover images within a column break the editor
- #53267 Search Form Doesn't Return Results Found in Reusable Blocks
- #53391 Block editor Code and Preformatted failing to accept text
- #53517 Pasting Text
- #53537 Default content overwrittern when using a default post format
- #53583 Distraction Free Writing Mode not available on visual tab
- #53630 Prior State Recall for Panes in Editor (Collapse/Expanded) ui
- #53698 Published posts auto scrolls on reload
- #53723 503 Errors in Posts with Complex Gutenberg Content
- #53791 Small UI User interface annoyance in block editor
- #53810 Template Editor: Code editor view doesn't show the template
- #53814 Template Editor has no URL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org to access it
- #53864 Feature Request A feature request should generally begin the process in the ideas forum, on a mailing list, as a plugin, or brought to the attention of the core team, such as through scope meetings held for each major release. Unsolicited tickets of this variety are typically, therefore, discouraged. – Add sizing options for Video Block ui
- #53901 I found error in wordpress "Publishing failed. The response is not a valid JSON response." administration
- #53912 Bug when using Block-styles loading enhancements in WP 5.8
- #53934 Vimeo embed working in admin (and super admin) and not on post when using private link ui
- #53952 Reusable blocks – removing from a page treated as an edit of the re-usable block
- #53999 it didn't save TAGS in post.
- #54024 Internal links with href=outdated-slug and a data-type data-id as fallback should use that and update href=new-slug instead of resulting in broken link (404)
- #54220 Issue with link tool in block editor
- #54305 Transition of block editor width when previewing desktop/tablet/mobile causes multiple resize events (and unnecessary lag)
- #54417 Featured Image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. Exceeds Container ui css
- #54430 Block Editor does not save text where the ellipsis are in quotation marks .
- #54445 Space bar doesn't work when typing a post.
- #54475 CSS Cascading Style Sheets. Selector in block-library css will broke SVG scaled text rendering in Chrome 96 (Win 10, Win 11, Mac OS) css
- #54522 unsaved edits should consistently trigger pop-up alert
- #54587 In some gutenberg blocks the styles setting is not displaying image.
- #54606 The selectControl component has margin bottom 0 in label of selectControl.
- #54678 Difference between Posts List block and Query Loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. block
- #54968 Tide Gallery needs responsive design for Mobile
- #55035 Block themes: Static homepage settings supersedes page template choice
- #55044 Gallery block UI issue ui css administration
- #55285 Add image brakes page
- #55314 When saving edits to the footer in editor (beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process.), saving fails
- #55315 SVGs in editor (beta)
- #55319 Add filter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. to get_block_wrapper_attributes function
- #55421 Different CSS order causes inconsistency between editor and actual page
- #55548 Unchecked "Uncategorized" checkbox re-checks itself upon publish or update of a post ui
- #55728 baseURL missing for remotely fetched editor styles
- #55886 Need to check query loop block thumbnail issue in post template
- #55916 Font size in post editing is not validated
- #55945 UI Isssue on header The header of your site is typically the first thing people will experience. The masthead or header art located across the top of your page is part of the look and feel of your website. It can influence a visitor’s opinion about your content and you/ your organization’s brand. It may also look different on different screen sizes. list view ui css administration
- #55951 Page List and Latest Posts Text Colors Do Not Automatically Adjust to Background Color in 6.0 ui
- #56069 Footer Template Parts and Reusable Blocks Have Added Spacing By Default template
- #56080 Block Editor Search Function Choke
- #56082 Block editor does not unset changed/dirty flag for nested types
- #56464 Event custom metabox A post metabox is a draggable box shown on the post editing screen. Its purpose is to allow the user to select or enter information in addition to the main post content. This information should be related to the post in some way. with Gutenberg not showing correctly
- #56519 Inner blocks serialization bug A bug is an error or unexpected result. Performance improvements, code optimization, and are considered enhancements, not defects. After feature freeze, only bugs are dealt with, with regressions (adverse changes from the previous version) being the highest priority. in serialize_block function
- #56522 Add filter for wp_get_layout_style template
- #56627 Underscores are not allowed in block names; error message is misleading.
- #56744 Inaccuracy in user_can_richedit() function on /wp-includes/general-template.php
- #56768 Images encoded with Base64 with a given string length appears weird in editor but kills the post render on the site
- #56797 Add unit tests for block registration with RTL stylesheets css rtl
- #56859 Blocks: register_block_script_handle() does not account for symlinks
- #56961 Stack on mobile (media and text block) doesnt work any longer
- #57004 Lost custom colours
- #57016 When searching for a block, there is an unexpected blank space at the bottom of the Editor ui
- #57091 Global Styles: Element styles not working for third-party blocks
- #57219 Additional CSS not visible in editor on List block ui css
8 tickets slated for 6.2
View list in Trac
- #55655 6.0: Throw a _doing_it_wrong in register_block_pattern if not registered on `init` hook. administration rest-api coding-standards
- #56078 PHP Warning when adding fonts to fontFamilies in wp_global_styles post administration template
- #56228 Add main H1 heading in the site-editor page accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility)
- #56388 Compiled block styles contain a lot of unnecessary comment blocks performance
- #56581 Wrong doc in WP_Block_Parser class docs
- #56780 shortcode A shortcode is a placeholder used within a WordPress post, page, or widget to insert a form or function generated by a plugin in a specific location on your site. block in block-based template part in a classic theme does not get expanded
- #56797 Add unit tests for block registration with RTL stylesheets css rtl
409 open tickets
Open enhancements: 61 View list on Trac
Open tasks: 3 View list on Trac
Open feature requests: 9 View list on Trac
Help maintain this component
Many contributors help maintain one or more components. These maintainers are vital to keeping WordPress development running as smoothly as possible. They triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors. new tickets, look after existing ones, spearhead or mentor tasks, pitch new ideas, curate roadmaps, and provide feedback to other contributors. Longtime maintainers with a deep understanding of particular areas of Core are always seeking to mentor others to impart their knowledge.
Want to help? Start following this component! Adjust your notifications here. Feel free to dig into any ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker..
Contributors following this component: