- Allowing multiple screenshots – up to 4. ( 12 : 1 for ) ( Slack link)
- Author uploading limit ( 21 : 3 for ) ( Slack link )
- Closing tickets with 5 distinct issues ( 16 : 1 for )( Slack link )
- Theme Developer Handbook
- CodeSniffer issues
Closing tickets should be done for 5 or more distinct issues. Examples:
- Theme has multiple places where text strings are not translatable – group these into 1 distinct issue
- Using custom functions instead of core functions such as the_posts_pagination, the_archive_title, the_excerpt – group into 1 issue
When closing a ticket, please be sure to use something a long the lines of the following. We don’t want to close tickets, rather we want to encourage growth and knowledge for the author.
As part of the new theme directory guidelines, reviewers are now allowed to close tickets if a theme has 5 or more issues. You can read more about this change here: [https://make.wordpress.org/themes]. Don't get discouraged a closed ticket is not the end. We want you to resubmit your theme. We do ask that you spend a bit more time making sure that your theme meets all the requirements before we make it live. [https://make.wordpress.org/themes/handbook/review/required/] If you need help with anything or want me to explain further, don't hesitate to post here in this ticket. I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Or, feel free to post over on our [https://make.wordpress.org/chat/ Slack] [https://wordpress.slack.com/messages/themereview channel]."