The meeting notes are from the themes review team discussion.
1. Weekly updates
In the past 7 days,
- 573 tickets were opened
- 599 tickets were closed
- 582 tickets were made live.
- 34 new Themes were made live.
- 548 Theme updates were made live.
- 0 more were approved but are waiting to be made live.
- 17 tickets were not-approved.
- 0 tickets were closed-newer-version-uploaded.
Note: These stats include both the new theme tickets and updated theme tickets as well.
Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. theme stats,
- 15 Block themes are currently reviewing
- We have 318 Block Themes in the themes repository.
Read here for more detailed information about the weekly updates.
The themes team published weekly updates about tickets and HelpScout emails. Here is the theme statistic for the past 7 days. The most current stats can be found here.
Number of theme reviewers: 2 (@kafleg, @acosmin)
2. Contributor day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. at WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Europe 2023
Contributor Day will take place on 8 June. And you’ll find the themes table on the contributor day. If you are attending and want to contribute to the themes table, please join. @poena and @onemaggie will be there as table lead.
@poena mentioned during the meeting that, her plan is to work on Community themes. You can join the themes table and discuss and learn about Block themes.
If you are not able to attend physically, you can still contribute online. Join #contributor-day channel and you can ask for guidance on how to contribute.
3. Open Floor
During the open floor, @greenshady shared a couple of updates on the Theme Handbook Overhaul project.
He wrote “Here’s the Phase 2 announcement post, which details the next steps for a new theme handbook. There’s also a GitHub ticket where we are tracking the project. I would like to invite interested folks to get involved. The more folks, the merrier!”
He added, “I’ve picked up the first ticket and will be just working down the list if an item is not taken by someone else. Feel free to pick and choose sections/pages you want to work on.”
I would like to request you all check the announcement post and try to contribute.
#meeting, #meeting-notes, #themes-team