The themes team conducts a meeting on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. This month’s second meeting is on the 22nd of November.
The meeting takes place in the #themereview channel on WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. and you need an account to participate.
Channel: #themereview | Time: Tuesday, November 22 2022, 15:00 UTC
Along with the fixed agendas, we have an open floor at the end where you can ask or share anything related to themes.
We encourage all members, and anyone interested to attend. You can also add your agenda in the comment section below.
- Weekly updates
- Nomination of Themes Team lead
- Test Theme Check plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party PRs
- Documentation issues tracker
- Open floor
1. Weekly updates
Theme Tickets and Help Scout updates
Current statistics can be found on: https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/
Themes Trac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. ticket graph: https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticketgraph
Check regular weekly updates here.
2. Nomination of Themes Team lead
The Themes team is looking for team representatives for the year 2023. It’s time to nominate team representatives. Nominate from here.
3. Test Theme Check plugin PRs
Theme Check plugin is a regularly updated plugin. There are a few PRs to check in GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/. Check and leave your comment.
4. Documentation issues tracker
We would like to request your input on documentation related to themes.
5. Open floor
We will discuss everything related to themes. Attendees can ask or share themes-related things.
Please comment in the comment box below if you have anything to bring up during the open floor.