WordPress for Android version 5.6-rc-1 has been released in the Google Play Store. You can join the beta from the Google Play Store on your device (under “Become a beta tester”), and join the Google Plus beta community for more discussion with other testers.
- Related Posts: The Reader now displays related posts in a “Related Reading” section. You will find those related posts at the bottom of the full post view in the Reader.
- Customized Notification Sounds: Go to the Me tab > Notification Settings > Notification sound, and select a custom notification sound for the app.
- People Management: Go to the My Site tab (your site dashboard) > People.
- View a list of users on your site and their roles.
- Tap on a user to change their role on the site.
- Tap the plus (+) icon in the top right to invite a new user.
- Publish from the Blog Posts list: You can now publish drafts directly from the Blog Posts list, without opening the editor. Tap the “Publish” link below a draft to publish it.
- View Site & View Admin: Tapping “View Site” and “View Admin” in the site dashboard now opens those links in the device browser (instead of an in-app browser).
- Uploading posts: Posts are disabled (not tappable) while they upload. Instead, there is a translucent overlay and progress spinner over the post in the Blog Posts list during upload.
- Comments: Comments are automatically approved when you reply to them.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, report it using the “Enter feedback about the app” form in the Google Play Store, or head straight to the Android Github repository and open a new issue.