- Current projects (iOS, Android, Other platforms)
- Move dev chat time
- Mobile handbook review
- What’s Next
Current projects (iOS, Android, Other platforms)
WPiOS: We’re preparing to submit version 3.6.4 to Apple. This version adds G+ integration and fixes a few errors. We’re announcing the native reader beta today. Depending on the feedback we get and plan to submit 3.7 next week.
WPAndroid: Currently focused on a maintenance release to address some of the outstanding issues on trac. We’ll plan to submit an update with the improvements next week.
WPWinPhone & WPBB: No new news.
Move dev chat time
We’ve talked a bit offline about moving the dev chat time to either the end or beginning of the week. The reason being it’s hard to plan ahead in 1 week increments when the dev chat is right in the middle of the week. We chatted about it, and decided to try moving the weekly dev chat to Mondays at 9AM PST, 16:00 UTC, 18:00 CEST/17:00 CET. We’ll also look to move the weekly update to Mondays to correspond with the dev chat.
Mobile handbook review
We reviewed the status of the mobile handbook and our checklist.
- @daniloercoli will follow up on the Windows Phone section before the weeks ends.
- @aerych will pitch in on Windows Phone and the intro sections, with the goal of having them both ready for review this week.
- When @mrroundhill is back we’ll ask him to update the Android section to account for any recent changes/additions to the app (e.g. menu drawer, actionbar sherlock, volley).
- @hugobaeta has been working on the design section and we’ll try to have that ready for review soon as well.
The rest of us should review anything that is attached to our name and remember to check off tasks as they are finished.
- WPiOS Native Reader: Beta through next week. Submit 3.7 to Apple at the end of next week depending on feedback.
- WPAndroid Native Reader: Progress continues, focusing on UI work, likes and comments. Next week will focus on topics.
- WPiOS: There is some work to adapt WPiOS for iOS 7 underway. We’ll share more details once Apple lifts its NDA on iOS 7.
Xtreme Labs (XL) is pitching in to help with some new features and other improvements with WPiOS and WPAndroid.
- A WPiOS refactor is underway, the goal being an improved architecture and increased stability. A few more weeks of effort is expected but the foundation code should be viewable next week.
- A new media gallery feature for WPAndroid is cooking as well as a support for choosing/switching themes from the app.
The next dev chat will be on July 22, 2013 at 16:00 UTC. Mark your calendar and join us in #wordpress-mobile on Freenode.