The WordPress for iOS 6.4 beta is available for testing on TestFlight. Not part of the beta program yet? Please sign up for our TestFlight program to request to join as a beta tester.
- Share media to WordPress: You can now share single images from other apps to the WordPress app. Give it a try: While in another app (like the Photos app) select an image and tap the iOS sharing icon. Select WordPress as the sharing target and you can share the image to your site.
- Menu management: You can now create and manage custom menus for your WordPress.com and Jetpack-connected sites, under My Site > Menus in the app.
- People management: You can now view and manage the users and followers on your WordPress.com and Jetpack-connected sites, under My Site > People in the app. Change a user’s role, remove a user, invite a new user, and view your site’s followers.
- Search the Reader: You can search the Reader, view your search history, and get autocomplete suggestions based on past searches. Tap the search icon in the top right of the Reader to get started.
- WordPress.com Plans: You can view details about your WordPress.com site’s plan and learn more about other plans in the app, under My Site > Plans.
- Self-hosted sites: The entire networking stack underneath self-hosted sites (not using Jetpack) has been updated. If you notice any glitches with your self-hosted site, please let us know!
- Keyboard shortcuts: The app now has keyboard shortcuts for iPads with an external keyboard. Hold down the command key to see the shortcuts for switching between tabs.
Take a peek at the updates and new features in 6.4:
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, report it using the TestFlight feedback link, or head straight to the iOS Github repository and open a new issue.