WordPress for Android version 6.3-rc-1 has been released in the Google Play Store. You can join the beta from the Google Play Store on your device (under “Become a beta tester”), and comment here or join the Google Plus beta community for more discussion with other testers. (Note: If you see a message that the beta testing program is full, you’ll need to wait for space to open up before you can join the beta. Thanks for your interest!)
What to Test:
New: Swipe between notifications
In the Notifications tab, you can now swipe left/right to move between notifications. (Previously, you had to go back to the notifications list to open another notification.)
- Open the Notifications tab (the bell icon)
- Tap on a notification to open it
- Swipe to move to the previous/next notification in the list
- Tap the back arrow in the top left to return to the notifications list
- Did you notice the “swipe snackbar” pop up at the bottom of the screen to explain the swiping action?
- Were you able to swipe as expected between notifications? Did the direction of the swipe feel natural to you?
- Did anything confusing or unexpected happen while checking your notifications?
Updated: Styles on the login screen
The app’s login screen has new styles to differentiate between the login forms for WordPress.com and self-hosted sites. To see the difference, log out of the app (or install the app fresh on your device):
- By default, you will see the WordPress.com login form with the WordPress.com logo and “WordPress.com” stated above the login form.
- Tap “Add self-hosted site” at the bottom of the screen to switch to the login form for self-hosted sites. This screen now displays the WordPress.org logo with a grey background.
- Tap “Log In to WordPress.com” to return to the WordPress.com login form.
The new styles:
- How do the new styles look to you? What feelings do they evoke (for example: surprise, confusion, satisfaction)?
- Can you log in as expected with each form? Do you have any trouble using either form?
- Is the transition from one login form to the other smooth?
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? Did you try the additional flow testing? You can discuss it here, report it using the “Enter feedback about the app” form in the Google Play Store, or head straight to the Android Github repository and open a new issue.
Thank you for testing!