WordPress for Android version 6.5-rc-1 has been released in the Google Play Store. You can join the beta from the Google Play Store on your device (under “Become a beta tester”), and comment here or join the Google Plus beta community for more discussion with other testers. (Note: If you see a message that the beta testing program is full, you’ll need to wait for space to open up before you can join the beta. Thanks for your interest!)
What to Test:
New: New oEmbed Support
The app now supports more oEmbeds, including:
- Twitter Moments
- Facebook News
- Create a new post with some text.
- Copy a link from one of the sources above.
- Paste the link on a new line in the post.
- Publish the post.
- The source content should automatically embed in your post.
Note: We’re currently investigating an issue where the embed is sometimes not created if the link is added to the first line of the post. For now, adding at least one line of text before the link (as in the screenshot below) will avoid this known issue.
- Does your content embed as expected? If not, what is the link you tried to embed and/or the a link to the post where the embed didn’t work?
- How did you feel while publishing the post?
- Bonus: Try getting the source link using a variety of methods: copying the URL from a browser’s address bar, sharing from an app, using a “Share” button in a browser, etc. Do all of those links embed as expected?
New: Recent Sites in the Site Picker
If you have more than 15 sites, the site picker now shows your four most recent sites at the top of the list. The recent sites section only appears if at least 15 sites are unhidden (showing in the site list), and doesn’t appear in search mode.
- Make sure you have at least 15 sites showing in the site picker (the site list that appears when you select “Switch Site” under your site in the app).
- If needed, use the 3-dot menu in the top right to unhide sites so that at least 15 appear, or use the + sign to create new sites.
- Select a site from the list.
- Select “Switch Site” to go back to the list. Your last selection should appear at the top of the list.
- Repeat with several other sites, and confirm that the most recent sites appear at the top of the list as expected.
- Did the list of recent sites work as expected? Did it show up anywhere unexpected, or not show up when you were expecting it?
- Describe how it felt to have your most recent sites at the top of the list. Did it help you find the site you were looking for when switching sites?
- Please report any issues with the list of recent sites.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? Did you try the additional flow testing? You can discuss it here, report it using the “Enter feedback about the app” form in the Google Play Store, or head straight to the Android Github repository and open a new issue.
Thank you for testing!