WordPress for Android version 5.8-rc-1 has been released in the Google Play Store. You can join the beta from the Google Play Store on your device (under “Become a beta tester”), and join the Google Plus beta community for more discussion with other testers.
- Synchronized read notifications: Push notifications will now be synchronized across your devices, and automatically dismissed if you read the notification on another device. To test, make sure push notifications are enabled, trigger one or more notifications, and then read those notifications in a web browser or on another device. They should be dismissed as you read them elsewhere.
- Invite Followers/Viewers: You can now invite followers and viewers to your site in People Management (WordPress.com sites only). To test, make sure you can invite followers (on public sites) or viewers (on private sites), and that invitations to become a user on the site still work as expected.
Improved offline messaging: A “no connection” message now appears if you aren’t connected to a network in these parts of the app:
- Editor > Post Settings > Select categories
- Editor > Post Settings > Add category
- Me > My Profile
- Reader tweaks: There are a number of small tweaks to the Reader’s design and behavior, including how the Follow button and Likes appear. Let us know if you have any confusion or trouble following blogs and liking posts!
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, report it using the “Enter feedback about the app” form in the Google Play Store, or head straight to the Android Github repository and open a new issue.