WordPress for Android version 5.7-rc-1 has been released in the Google Play Store. You can join the betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. from the Google Play Store on your device (under “Become a beta tester”), and join the Google Plus beta community for more discussion with other testers.
- WordPress.comWordPress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/ Plans: You can view details about your WordPress.com site’s plan and learn more about other plans in the app, under My Site (your site dashboard) > Plans.
- People — Followers/Viewers: Go to the My Site tab > People to manage your site’s followers and viewers.
- Use the filterFilter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. to switch between your site’s Team, Followers, Email Followers, and (on private sites) Viewers.
- Tap on a follower/follower and use the trashTrash Trash in WordPress is like the Recycle Bin on your PC or Trash in your Macintosh computer. Users with the proper permission level (administrators and editors) have the ability to delete a post, page, and/or comments. When you delete the item, it is moved to the trash folder where it will remain for 30 days. icon to remove them from the site.
- Reader Tweaks for Tablet: Tweaks to the Reader’s design on tablets (full details on Github), such as:
- Increased font size for post content
- Increased margins between images, image captions, and post text
- Images can be right/left aligned with text flowing around them
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, report it using the “Enter feedback about the app” form in the Google Play Store, or head straight to the Android Github repository and open a new issue.