The REST API The REST API is an acronym for the RESTful Application Program Interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data. It is how the front end of an application (think “phone app” or “website”) can communicate with the data store (think “database” or “file system”) https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/. is an external HTTP HTTP is an acronym for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. HTTP is the underlying protocol used by the World Wide Web and this protocol defines how messages are formatted and transmitted, and what actions Web servers and browsers should take in response to various commands. API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. allowing access and manipulation of data in WordPress. For more information about the API, see the REST API Handbook.
The component is lead by @rmccue (Tech Lead) and @kadamwhite (Design Lead). Features can be tracked on the Trello board.
Meetings are held weekly at Thursday 18:00 UTC in #core-restapi .
Recent posts on the make/core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. blog (versus network, site)
View all posts tagged rest-api.
140 open tickets in the REST API component
140 open tickets. Last 7 days: +0 tickets
28 tickets that have no replies
View list on Trac
- #48257 REST API: post-process endpoint cannot be discovered from media creation endpoint rest-api
- #48822 Indicate partial success/error of a REST API request
- #50239 REST API Debug/Dev Mode
- #52590 Consider increasing the limit of the perPage argument in paginated requests. rest-api
- #53622 Query Param status default is a string value, but an array is required rest-api
- #53836 Option to additionally format API response
- #53942 Non-single post meta multiple value update breaks post save through REST API rest-api
- #54125 Rest API tax_relation=OR doesn't seem to work correctly rest-api
- #54293 Expand functionality of themes REST API rest-api
- #54387 trailing slash in the url /wp-json
- #54484 REST API returns (empty) array for Meta but Schema has type object
- #54513 Add meta support to template REST API rest-api
- #54753 Wrong post content when uploading raw post data via REST API when html HyperText Markup Language. The semantic scripting language primarily used for outputting content in web browsers. data url is used rest-api
- #54832 _doing_it_wrong should write into debug.log rest-api
- #55128 REST API /media leaves holes in the result, making it virtually impossible to paginate through them rest-api
- #55672 Media endpoint allows multiple media types on request, but only returns image in response rest-api
- #55675 Improve performance Themes REST API endpoint performance
- #56481 Short-circuit HEAD methods in Core controllers performance
- #56587 REST API sanitize and validate order / priority
- #56593 Post meta validation error messages are not helpful to end users rest-api
- #56668 REST API calls are failed when cookies are cleared from the site
- #57048 Handle trailing slashes in rest_preload_api_request rest-api
- #57088 Rest API improve time response with cache
- #57455 respond_to_request: store matched handlers across other methods, saving a call to get_routes().
- #57749 In REST APIs, only prime meta data if there are registered keys rest-api performance
- #58710 REST: media (images) deleted or replaced are returned by their new id when requested by their old id
- #59425 REST API: Preserve boolean values when generating next/prev Link headers rest-api
8 tickets slated for 6.5
View list in Trac
- #41692 REST API does not return featured_media for Audio/Video
- #48823 Collect all REST API meta errors at once
- #54516 Full site editing/REST-API: modify permission checks to use post type. rest-api
- #56922 Template / Template parts revision / autosave REST API are broken rest-api
- #57512 Warning as a part of API response rest-api
- #57704 Add revisions The WordPress revisions system stores a record of each saved draft or published update. The revision system allows you to see what changes were made in each revision by dragging a slider (or using the Next/Previous buttons). The display indicates what has changed in each revision. to the links of the template and template part REST endpoint
- #57897 REST attachments controller does not handle terms on creation rest-api
- #57957 Media title falsely has kebab case when inserted via REST API (e.g. in Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor) rest-api
140 open tickets
Open enhancements: 69 View list on Trac
Open tasks: 5 View list on Trac
Open feature requests: 9 View list on Trac
Help maintain this component
Many contributors help maintain one or more components. These maintainers are vital to keeping WordPress development running as smoothly as possible. They triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors. new tickets, look after existing ones, spearhead or mentor tasks, pitch new ideas, curate roadmaps, and provide feedback to other contributors. Longtime maintainers with a deep understanding of particular areas of Core are always seeking to mentor others to impart their knowledge.
Want to help? Start following this component! Adjust your notifications here. Feel free to dig into any ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker..
Contributors following this component: