The REST API The REST API is an acronym for the RESTful Application Program Interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data. It is how the front end of an application (think “phone app” or “website”) can communicate with the data store (think “database” or “file system”) https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/. is an external HTTP HTTP is an acronym for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. HTTP is the underlying protocol used by the World Wide Web and this protocol defines how messages are formatted and transmitted, and what actions Web servers and browsers should take in response to various commands. API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. allowing access and manipulation of data in WordPress. For more information about the API, see the REST API Handbook.
The component is lead by @rmccue (Tech Lead) and @kadamwhite (Design Lead). Features can be tracked on the Trello board.
Meetings are held weekly at Thursday 18:00 UTC in #core-restapi .
Recent posts on the make/core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. blog (versus network, site)
View all posts tagged rest-api.
128 open tickets in the REST API component
128 open tickets. Last 7 days: +2 tickets
26 tickets that have no replies
View list on Trac
- #48257 REST API: post-process endpoint cannot be discovered from media creation endpoint rest-api
- #48822 Indicate partial success/error of a REST API request
- #50239 REST API Debug/Dev Mode
- #52590 Consider increasing the limit of the perPage argument in paginated requests. rest-api
- #53622 Query Param status default is a string value, but an array is required rest-api
- #53828 Nullable registered meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. with format does not display in JSON schema rest-api
- #53836 Option to additionally format API response
- #53942 Non-single post meta multiple value update breaks post save through REST API rest-api
- #54087 A plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party can't change the parameters of a REST API endpoint rest-api
- #54125 Rest API tax_relation=OR doesn't seem to work correctly rest-api
- #54293 Expand functionality of themes REST API rest-api
- #54387 trailing slash in the url /wp-json
- #54484 REST API returns (empty) array for Meta but Schema has type object
- #54513 Add meta support to template REST API rest-api
- #54753 Wrong post content when uploading raw post data via REST API when html HyperText Markup Language. The semantic scripting language primarily used for outputting content in web browsers. data url is used rest-api
- #54832 _doing_it_wrong should write into debug.log rest-api
- #55128 REST API /media leaves holes in the result, making it virtually impossible to paginate through them rest-api
- #55672 Media endpoint allows multiple media types on request, but only returns image in response rest-api
- #55675 Improve performance Themes REST API endpoint performance
- #56481 Short-circuit HEAD methods in Core controllers performance
- #56587 REST API sanitize and validate order / priority
- #56593 Post meta validation error messages are not helpful to end users rest-api
- #56668 REST API calls are failed when cookies are cleared from the site
- #57048 Handle trailing slashes in rest_preload_api_request rest-api
- #57088 Rest API improve time response with cache
3 tickets slated for 6.2
View list in Trac
- #54516 Full site editing/REST-API: modify permission checks to use post type. rest-api
- #56566 Fatal error when WP_REST_Server::dispatch() returns WP_Error rest-api
- #56662 WP_REST_Users_Controller::update_item(): 'rest_user_invalid_id ' error will never be thrown as `$user` will never be falsey.
128 open tickets
Open enhancements: 62 View list on Trac
Open tasks: 6 View list on Trac
Open feature requests: 8 View list on Trac
Help maintain this component
Many contributors help maintain one or more components. These maintainers are vital to keeping WordPress development running as smoothly as possible. They triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors. new tickets, look after existing ones, spearhead or mentor tasks, pitch new ideas, curate roadmaps, and provide feedback to other contributors. Longtime maintainers with a deep understanding of particular areas of Core are always seeking to mentor others to impart their knowledge.
Want to help? Start following this component! Adjust your notifications here. Feel free to dig into any ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker..
Contributors following this component: