Note: We’re improving the handbook and it is still a draft. If you find an error, please comment below.
WordPress constantly evolves and improves. It is never “done.” The same is true of WordPress accessibility. Changes in design, user experience, and code need to be evaluated. The community needs continuing educational support in accessibility.
Accessibility Team tasks:
- Provides support in the forums.
- Provides support in the WordPress Slack #accessibility channel.
- Contributes documentation to the:
- Develops and maintains an accessibility standard for themes.
- Distributes design pattern code examples on GitHub.
- Performs tests and audits.
- Gives presentations at WordCamps and Meetups.
- Writes tickets and patches on the Core trac.
- Extends WordPress with plugins.
- Holds a weekly chat in WordPress on the #accessibility channel every Monday at 19:00 UTC.