As on February 7th, 2024 23:59 PT (07:59 UTC), Mentor Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. and Mentee applications for the WordPress Contributor Mentorship Program have closed. Thank you so much for the overwhelming response to the call for mentors Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. and mentees. We will reach out to all applicants that had applied, regarding next steps.
We are thrilled to announce the launch of the second WordPress Contributor Mentorship Program cohort for the first quarter of 2024! This initiative is a fantastic opportunity for experienced WordPress contributors and those looking to get involved for the first time.
Our program aims to connect seasoned WordPress experts with newcomers to the community. Mentees will gain invaluable hands-on experience contributing to WordPress, while mentors share their expertise and enhance their leadership skills.
Who Can Join?
Whether you are new to WordPress or looking to enhance your skills in a specific area, this program offers a unique chance to learn from experienced contributors in the community.
Never contributed? You’re invited to apply! Experience is not required, but we are looking for someone ready to dive into the program when we start the cohort in mid-February. Your chance of being selected will increase if the following criteria are met by the end of the application period (February 7, 2024):
- You’ve set up WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ and Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. accounts (here’s how)
- You have at least one activity on your WordPress.org profile*
* Some ways to achieve this are to visit the Contributor Orientation Tool to find your first contribution opportunity or take one of the Contributing to WordPress courses. A profile badge counts as an activity as well. If you have any questions, please leave a comment on this post – which actually will show up as an activity on your profile, too 😀
[Edit on January 29] A third-party grant is available for up to four mentees who are part of the LGBTQ+ community. For more information, visit this post.
If you have experience in WordPress development, design, marketing, community engagement, or any other WordPress-related area and wish to guide new contributors, this is your chance to make a significant impact.
This time, there’s also the option to propose a small project for folks to work on! If you have something you’d like to complete while guiding a group of 4-6 mentees, you’d be a perfect fit for this program. Read more about an optional project-based mentorship.
Edit on January 15: In the previous cohort, the mentorship relation was 1:1 between mentors and mentees. If you are interested in supporting multiple mentees, please indicate your interest in the last comment box of the application form.
Application Process & Cohort Timeline
To participate, please fill out the relevant form:
Mentor and mentee applications are now closed.
The timeline for this cohort is:
- Application Opens: Friday, January 12, 2024
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 7, 2024
- Cohort Selection Announcement: Third week of February 2024
- Program Duration: February 19 to March 29, 2024 (6 weeks)
For Mentees: Personalized guidance, skill development, and networking opportunities within the WordPress community.
For Mentors: A chance to give back to the community, enhance your leadership skills, and connect with emerging contributors.
I hope many of you participate in this exciting journey of learning and collaboration!
* For more information, please visit the WordPress Contributor Mentorship Program handbook page.
This post was collaboratively written/reviewed by @nao @harishanker @kirasong @oglekler @tobifjellner @st810amaze @angelasjin and @patricia70 – Thank you!
#5ftf, #contributor-mentorship-program, #contributor-working-group, #five-for-the-future, #mentorship-program