Join the WordPress community.
Sign up for a WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ account
- Sign up for a wordpress.org account at login.wordpress.org/register
- You will receive an email with your username
- Click the link in the email to set your password and your account details.
- You will be logged in to your WordPress.org account
Join the Making WordPress SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.
- Visit chat.wordpress.org
- Scroll to the section “Joining the WordPress team on Slack”.
- Click the link that says “I understand. Let’s get started.”
- You will be taken to the Slack login webpage.
- Enter your WordPress.org username as your “email” with the pre-filled subdomain
- Check your email for a confirmation from Slack. (The email will be automatically forwarded to the email address for your WordPress.org account.)
- In the confirmation email, click the “Confirm email” link.
- You will be taken to a Slack webpage to set your password.
- Add your name and select a new password for your Slack account.
- You will be logged in to Making WordPress Slack on your browser.
Once you’re in Making WordPress Slack
- You will automatically be added to the #announcements, #coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress., and #slack-help channels.
- If you have not yet found the MakeWP team you’d like to contribute to, visit make.wordpress.org/contribute/ and take the Find Your Team questionnaire.
- To join a specific Make team channel, click “Browse all channels” and browse or type in your chosen team name.
- To view descriptions of each team, their meeting times, and their specific Slack channels, visit make.wordpress.org.
This video takes you through the steps of setting up your account in multiple languages: https://learn.wordpress.org/tutorial/set-up-a-wordpress-org-account/
- You only need one WordPress.org account to contribute to any team or use any WordPress.org features.
- The “
@chat.wordpress.org” account is automatically created when you sign up for a WordPress.org Slack account. It will forward to your main email.
- If you cannot find the emails from WordPress.org or Slack, check your spam/junk folders.
- If you do not receive the email or you are being blocked from signing up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.