This week’s chat was relatively quiet, due largely to the US Thanksgiving holiday last week.
Here’s a brief recap of todays chat:
- Docs Sprint: There’s another Docs Sprint this Saturday, Dec 7th @ 10am Pacific and you can join us on IRC at #wordpress-sfd.
- Admin Screen Updates: With the scheduled release of WordPress 3.8, which includes a makeover of the WordPress Admin, we need to update the Administration Screen pages in the Codex. @kimparsell will post a list of pages that need to be reviewed and updated on make.wordpress.org/docs. You can help by grabbing one (or more) pages and updating.
- WordPress 3.8 Codex Page: @DrewAPicture could use help updating the Codex page for WordPress 3.8. Drew usually combs through all of the change sets to find what’s new, changed, etcetera and it’s quite time-consuming. If you can help, please leave a comment on this post and @DrewAPicture will help provide direction.
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend and hope to see some of you at the Docs Sprint on Saturday.
This post comes a little bit late for last week but here goes:
This (last) week
- The newly-launched ‘Adopt a Codex Page’ drive has proven pretty popular, with volunteers adopting 15 of the most popular Codex pages so far
- @hearvox is working on a new Page Templates page for the Codex that’s shaping up well. Looking to reduce the code-heaviness.
- @siobhan and @jenmylo are planning to begin work on a new documentation architecture over the several months
- We’re still ramping up for the 3.6 Codex Sprint, combing through 400 changesets and several hundred still-open trac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. tickets. The incoming code reference will alleviate much of this work in the future.
- @siobhan is organizing a WordPress delegation to attend a docs conference in Cincinnati in June, inviting WP businesses to send someone and looking for interested community members.
Next (this) week
- We’ll be collecting volunteers to handle bigger parts of the 3.6 Codex Sprint, a make/docs post is forthcoming
- Work will continue on Adopt a Codex Page, handbooks and moving the new code reference forward