Lesson plans are teaching guides ideal for MeetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. organizers and trainers to use when facilitating a WordPress learning session.
- Présentation du tableau de bord (French)
- वर्डप्रेस रिपॉजिटरी में थीम अपलोड करें (Hindi)
- સંપૂર્ણ સાઇટ સંપાદકમાં બ્લોકોને તાળું કરવું (Gujarati)
Tutorials are short, standalone videos ideal for on-demand direct learners. They can also be shown in Meetups and other WordPress events.
For WordPress users:
Online Workshops are free live events that cover a wide variety of topics relating to WordPress. These are safe spaces where attendees can ask questions, exchange theories, and develop new ideas. You can sign up for an upcoming Online Workshop, or watch a recording!
- 35 Online Workshops were facilitated. One was in Japanese.
- Average of 25 attendees per workshop
- How to set up a free WordPress test website (and explore code!)
- キャッシュについて知ろう！ ~ WordPress サイトの Cache 設定 ~
- How to Own Your Expertise & Start Speaking at WordPress Events APAC
- Using the row and stack blocks (APAC)
- WP dev livestream: Sendig block theme
- Introducing… Domains!
- Common WordPress APIs: Dashboard Widgets
- Live stream: Reviewing Gutenberg Features 15.7 – 16.1
- Contributing to the WordPress Training Team
- Tips and shortcuts for using the block editor & streamlining content creation
- Demystifying The Navigation Block
- WP-CLI for PHP developers
- How to vet content topic ideas for the WordPress Training Team
- Common WordPress APIs: Responsive Images
- Live stream: Exploring the existing SlotFills for extending Gutenberg
- Mentorship Program: Introduction to the WordPress Open Source Project
- Come join the WordPress Training Team!
- Builder Basics: Goodbye Reusable Blocks—Hello Synced Patterns (and more)
- Live stream: Reviewing Gutenberg 16.2 features
- Testing WordPress 6.3
- Organizing Diverse & Inclusive WordPress Events #WPDiversity
- A Guide to Open Source and WordPress
- WordPress Developer Hours – Styling blocks
- Overcoming Writer’s Block: Planning a Blog’s Content
- WordPress database optimization and maintenance
- Testing WordPress 6.3 – Developer Edition
- Live stream: Using custom SlotFill to extend a codebase
- Blogging with WordPress: Basics
- Contributor Mentorship: A Primer for DEIB at WordPress Events (#WPDiversity)
In addition to creating content, the Training Team also works on projects to advance the Learn WordPress site’s presence in the WordPress community. Here are projects the team worked on in July
- Training Team 2023 Half Year Review – The team has posted a review post for half-year goal completion.
- Call for Volunteers to help with 6.3 Learn WordPress updates – Call for volunteers out for updating/creating content for upcoming WordPress 6.3 release.
- Next steps for GitHub updates – The team is working on planning the next steps for the GithubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ project board.
- Announcement: Updates to team meeting times – Weekly meeting time has been changed.
- Project Thread: Learning Pathways on Learn WordPress – learning pathway roadmap proposal is out, and it is in the planning stages now.
- Expertise needed: Learn how to vet content topic ideas for the Training Team – the team was working on simplifying the process of vetting content topics of the Github project board
- Proposal: New Contributor Guide Program – we are looking to launch a new mentee/mentorship program for the Training Team
- Information Sources for 6.3 – we’ve kicked off information gathering and planning for the 6.3 release