In June, work on WordPress 5.8 continued and the Core contributorsCore Contributors Core contributors are those who have worked on a release of WordPress, by creating the functions or finding and patching bugs. These contributions are done through Trac. https://core.trac.wordpress.org. started to publish the first dev-notes for this release.
GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg//Full Site Editing (FSE)
- Planned Gutenberg tasks for June.
- Gutenberg 10.8 and 10.9 were released.
- The Full Site Editing Outreach Program continued to propose interesting testing calls, their results, and occasions for intereaction with the team working on it.
- Anne also posted about
Miscellaneous blog posts, updates, and discussions published in the Core Blog
- Update: State of e2e testing in WordPress Core
- Discussion: When to create the new branch
- Do you want a more granular recap of what is going on in CoreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.? Don’t miss the “A week in Core” posts that @audrasjb has been publishing regularly.