In three months, I will be taking a planned sabbatical which will be a chance for me to refocus and practice a new skill or two. It is also a chance for the WordPress project to identify tasks and processes for which I am a single point of failure. My sabbatical will begin on June 8, 2020 and I will resume work with the project on September 21, 2020.
Fortunately, there are a lot of amazing contributors in the project who have agreed to offer their support for our ongoing efforts:
- Andrea: Community, Polyglots, Training, Marketing
- Mark: Design, AccessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility), Test, TRT?
- Alex: MetaMeta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress., Docs, Hosting, Privacy, PRT?
- Jonathan: CoreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress., Triage, Security, Support
- Jeff: Core, Mobile, CLICLI Command Line Interface. Terminal (Bash) in Mac, Command Prompt in Windows, or WP-CLI for WordPress./Tide, WPTV
Marketing, Support, WPTV
Between now and June 8, I will spend a lot of time making sure that these good people have the tools and knowledge they need while I’m out.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do share them in the comments below. 🙂