We continue testing WordPress iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. and Android version 13.2 as we are skipping one release cycle. Sign up here to join the betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. program on iOS or follow this link on your Android device, tap on Become a beta tester.
Highlights for the last two weeks:
- BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor: Media&Text block merged, several bug fixes, ~22% of posts are now published with the block editor!
- Full Site Editing: Continued cross platform Gallery block implementation, and started Inner Block UIUI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. enhancements.
- Offline Support: Almost completed in Android, in iOS we continue to uncover inconsistencies in our Media support and addressing issues as they appear.
- iOS 13 Updates: Big push to ship Dark Mode.
- Android only: Color tech debt in advance of Dark Mode implementation, changes to the Me tab for the Improved Information Architecture project, started work to enable audio uploads.
- Infrastructure: Support for iOS 13/XCode 11. Wrapped up the Android tooling improvements project, refinements in app screenshots and related tools.