WordPress iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. and Android version 12.1 will be available for testing later today. Sign up here to join the betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. program on iOS or follow this link on your Android device, tap on Become a beta tester.
Highlights for the last two weeks:
- BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor: We continued working on bug fixes after a smooth soft launch.
- Post FilterFilter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. improvements in Android continues.
- Offline Support: iOS offline messages were migrated from Alerts to Notices.
- Infrastructure: We continued working on end-to-end tests on Android and iOS.
- Marketing: More progress on the https://wordpress.org/mobile/ redesign.