WordPress iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. and Android version 11.6 will be available for testing later today. Sign up here to join the betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. program on iOS or follow this link on your Android device, tap on Become a beta tester.
Highlights for the last two weeks:
- GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ mobile: Work on writing flow, post title field, and visual fixes.
- We improved app stability by fixing 11 crashes, including our most frequent crash on Android and a very frequent crash on iOS.
- We fixed several bugs in posting/editing, login/signup, and media.
- We improved localization and accessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility).
- We improved errors and empty states.
- iOS: Made some improvements to the post settings screen on iPad, fixed a crash that could sometimes happen when deleting a site on iPad, fixed a crash on the “About” screen in App Settings.
- Android: Added Giphy support, more compatibility improvements for Gutenberg, and fixed some rare bugs.