The Community Team meets twice a month, first and third Thursday, at two different times to cover different timezones.
SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. logs from December 7th: 8:00 UTC and 20:00 UTC
We always kick things off with a deputy check-in: everything is going smoothly for everyone around the world. We have new deputies and more people are interested in joining the program. No roadblocks right now.
Our main focus at the moment is making a list of 2018 goals: everyone is invited to share their suggestions in this post.
Some ideas were mentioned during the chat:
- General growth in numbers
- Improvements in our communication channels
- Streamlining the deputy programme
- Improvements to financially support events
- Improvements to WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. websites
We had two other items in the agenda:
- Global Community Team Limited Availability: the Automatticians team won’t be available between January 21st and 26th. Have a great team retreat folks!
- Calling European WordPress Communities: this is a project from the fine people of the WordCamp Europe organising team, we are spreading the voice!
Finally, the open floor of the second chat brought out an interesting topic: raising the number of sponsored volunteers involvement in the project. Andrea Middleton is working on a cross-team proposal and she will post it here when it’s ready.
We have a very long list of applications, so if you are a deputy please see if you can land a hand in HelpScout.
Next chat will be Thursday, February 1st 2018.