The design team are now posting individual updates each week, this post is a summary of the updates from there. If any other teams have design they need help with, please also let us know. You can either add as a comment to the post on make/design, add a comment here, or you can ask directly in #design on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
Worked on/released this week:
- @annaharrison worked on a number of posts on Tiny Mce’s blog.
- @annaharrison worked on giving feedback and adding user research to ‘design feedback’ tag on GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
- @boemedia launched a survey for pluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party developers about the usability of the wp-admin.
- @joshuawold: Uploading .zip to update plugin or theme – Read through #9757 and shared a user flow. Thinking it’d make sense to implement the Reinstall Plugins direction as the user flow is pretty straightforward.
- @joshuawold: Posted an article about my experience working on CoreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. these past few months. It’s been a really fun ride, looking forward to what’s ahead!
- @karmatosed: Gutenberg all the things.
Currently working on:
- @joshuawold: Contextually showing widgets in Customizer – Started diving back into this issue again and working on an updated interface.
- @joshuawold: Continuing to follow the discussion on metaboxes, starting to think through some ideas based on the comments.
- @joshuawold: Save/Publish in Customizer – Planning to create a simple clickable prototype for user testing.
- @karmatosed: Continuing to Gutenberg.
Need help with:
- @boemedia: I could use some more respondents for my research. So if you could share the questionnaire: https://goo.gl/forms/R9EpoLBfGp4Akx9e2
- Gutenberg testing group discussion is planned this Wed at 19:00 UTC. More details here.