The following is the status of our current projects:
- No progress on integrating Posts2Posts with the parser. We’re looking for a volunteer to help move this forward.
- @coffee2code is currently working on implementing examples in the code reference. Work on implementing voting has been put on hold until that is completed.
- @DrewAPicture and @coffee2code have been discussing how to implement content in the code reference. @DrewAPicture has offered to spearhead some of the changes needed.
- @nicolealleyinteractive‘s pull request was merged in, including the archive/search simplification. Other handbook design changes have been merged as well.
- @ryelle worked up a template for a dashicons page for the Resources section. She will put together a patch so we can migrate it to DevHub.
- @topher1kenobe cleaned up the spreadsheet for the PluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party Developer Handbook so that it better reflects the current status of the handbook. He also added Chapter 17 (Helper Tools), and finished the WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ section (pending final edit).
- @samuelsidler started migrating the Theme Developer Handbook to its permanent home on DevHub (section 1). Adjustments to the handbook plugin/theme will be made, as needed, to ensure the content looks good. Link cleanup will happen as part of the migrationMigration Moving the code, database and media files for a website site from one server to another. Most typically done when changing hosting companies..