Most of coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. was on hiatus during the holiday season, but things are kicking off again!
Here we go:
- 3.8.1 is still under development, and may be released as early as this week.
- There are still tickets in need of assistance, so if you’d like to lend a hand, check out report 4.
- The selection process for a lead for 3.9 is still ongoing.
- Commit Announcements! @helen now has permanent commit for core. @johnbillion as been granted commit for 3.9, and @ocean90, @SergeyBiryukov, @DrewAPicture, and @wonderboymusic have had their temporary commit extended. Congrats to All
- The decision was made to break up wp-admin.css for dev.
- @wonderboymusic has posted a proposal on plans for bettering audio and video handling for 3.9+
On General Awesomeness
- @nacin has been leading the charge in updating trac to make it easier for existing and new contributors alike. On the core blog, check out a synopsis of the changes and call for brainstorming on how to improve reports.
If you have anything to add, or there are questions on the above, please comment below!