Highlights from this week:
- BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 1 slated to be released this week.
- The decision was made in the weekly dev chat to clear on upgrade only non-expiring transients, and expired transients, leaving currently “time-valid” transients in database after upgrade (20316).
- Decision made to go ahead with search results by relevancy in 3.7 (#2394), with first run expected to be committed soon.
- Automatic Updates now enabled by default in trunk. First test(s) will be with nightlies and soon-to-be-released betas. More information on the Make/Core blog.
- Remaining enhancements for 3.7 down to 3; tasks at 19.