Hi everyone. @andreamiddleton posted a proposal from the Events team a while back, but hasn’t gotten any responses. It’s long, so I’m not too surprised it got skipped over, but it is important that we get your buy-in/sign-off as a group on the idea. If you want to read the whole thing, go here: https://make.wordpress.org/updates/2013/04/11/events-group-proposal-to-the-team-reps-wordcamp-mentorship-program/
For the tl;dr version:
- Instead of Andrea reviewing every WC application and guiding every organizer though the organizing process, we’d have a team of volunteers sharing the work.
- There would be weekly irc office hours for help and feedback.
- There’s be a blog or forum for ongoing discussion.
- After the WC is over, organizers would review their mentors/guides so if anyone isn’t doing a great job we can give them support to do better.
Sound okay? A simple yes/no is all we need unless you have specific concerns.
Please reply to this post with one of the following:
- Some other comment if you have specific concens