Oh hai! We suck and have not posted an update for a month. 🙁 I swear on a free copy of WordPress that we’ve been busy, though.
- Launched the Multi-Event WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Sponsorship program. To date, BlueHost has come on as a Pillar in the US/Canada and a Champion everywhere else for Q2, and DreamHost has asked to sponsor as a Champion in the US from May-December, w00t! Looking like GoDaddy will also sponsor this way soon.
- Posted the WordCamp organizer mentorship program proposal for team reps to review.
- Review Guidelines group has continued reaching out to survey respondents, specifically about ticket prices, and is close to having a recommendation for the Team Reps on that guideline.
- WordPress.tv published 84 videos
- Approved the following WordCamps for pre-planning: Albuquerque, Tokyo, Grand Rapids, Birmingham, Kenya, Cape Town, and Porto
- The following WordCamps set their date: Kobe, Portland, Buffalo, and Vancouver.
- WordPress 10th Anniversary save the date and silvery grey tees
- Set up a DocuSign instance for WordCamp organizer/speaker/sponsor/volunteer signatures and Speaker AV releases
- Andrea got and recovered from pneumonia
- Start sending out Docusign emails for WordCamp organizer/speaker/sponsor/volunteer signatures and Speaker AV releases
- Reconnoiter with some groups that have fallen quiet
- Many, many, many vendor payments for WordCamps in April/May
- Continue to work with the 24 WordCamps in planning and 17 WordCamps in pre-planning
- Elicit some comment/opinions on the Organizer Mentorship program