This post comes a little bit late for last week but here goes:
This (last) week
- The newly-launched ‘Adopt a Codex Page’ drive has proven pretty popular, with volunteers adopting 15 of the most popular Codex pages so far
- @hearvox is working on a new Page Templates page for the Codex that’s shaping up well. Looking to reduce the code-heaviness.
- @siobhan and @jenmylo are planning to begin work on a new documentation architecture over the several months
- We’re still ramping up for the 3.6 Codex Sprint, combing through 400 changesets and several hundred still-open tracTrac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. tickets. The incoming code reference will alleviate much of this work in the future.
- @siobhan is organizing a WordPress delegation to attend a docs conference in Cincinnati in June, inviting WP businesses to send someone and looking for interested community members.
Next (this) week
- We’ll be collecting volunteers to handle bigger parts of the 3.6 Codex Sprint, a make/docs post is forthcoming
- Work will continue on Adopt a Codex Page, handbooks and moving the new code reference forward