Happy Pi Day! 🙂
- Base Theme group: work continues on the Post-Event Wrap-Up template as well as the development of custom widgets for “day of” and “post-event” widgetWidget A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page. WordPress widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user. areas.
- Event Training Materials has a place where people can submit their materials:
- MeetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. guidelines were proposed, and generated lively (and quite cordial, I thought) discussion.
- WordPress.tv opened for public submissions, and published a moderator application to help us vet incoming moderators more easily.
- WordPress.tv published 30 WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. videos.
- Mentorship Program put the finishing touches on a proposal to the team reps
- WordCamp CentralWordCamp Central Website for all WordCamp activities globally. https://central.wordcamp.org includes a list of upcoming and past camp with links to each. responded to 4 applications and approved WordCamps in Indonesia and Baltimore to start planning. An interview with a new organizer in SLC (Joseph Smith passing the hat) and Cordoba are in the process of being scheduled.
- Multi-Event Sponsorship Program was posted for the team reps to review/approve.
- Review Guidelines group to reach out to survey respondents.
- More work on Base Theme templates, Event Materials soliciting, and WordPress.tv moderation
- Reach out to WordCamps from 2012 that have not uploaded their videos.
- Post the WordCamp organizer mentorship program proposal for team reps to review.
- Continue responding to WordCamp applications and working with WordCamps in planning.