A few things this week:
- @jhoffm34 did some Codex Gardening and reviewed all of the instances of query_posts in the Codex. He has a few queries which need to be reviewed.
- Jay came across a number of outdated pages and we’ve decide to mark these as [categoryCategory The 'category' taxonomy lets you group posts / content together that share a common bond. Categories are pre-defined and broad ranging.:redundant] for review at a later date.
- Theme and Plugin developer handbooks office hours will be running regularly from Wednesday 6th March.
- CCH is ongoing. It’s slower than we’d like but @kimparsell is doing some fantastic work.
- @jenmylo posted about transcribing videos on WordPress.tv and is looking for a volunteer for the lead.
Next week (and ongoing)
- draw up a plan for better code reference
- we discussed creating some sort of tracking system for docs (this was raised while I was at WP London last week). This needs further investigation into how it would work as well as implementation
- more writing on CCH and Theme & PluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party dev handbooks
For the next two weeks I’m unavailable on Thursday evenings, so I may reschedule the docs chat.