November 2022 Faculty Meeting

Faculty Members have opted in to an asynchronous meeting every 15th of the month (or closest business day). We will hold our meeting over a two week period, and the meeting host (typically the poster) or another assigned individual will post discussion outcomes at the end of the feedback period.

Please find outlined below Updates for review, Topics for Discussion, and items that require assistance in the Working Together section.

Discussion period: November 15-30, 2022

Updates

Here are some recent happenings and open feedback requests.

Topics for Discussion

Please comment on this post with answers to the Faculty Member check-in items and your input on our topics for discussion.

  • Check-in: Please feel free to answer some or all of the below self check-in items
    • How are you doing?
    • What’s your bandwidth like?
    • How best can you help or be tapped in this coming month?
    • Anything you’d like extra eyes on?
  • Can Administrators assist with ensuring notes are checked and published in a timely manner?
  • Can Office Hours be held by Faculty Members to aid in redundancy and consistency?
  • Looking for volunteers for the Project Thread: Content Localization Foundations
  • Can Administrators do the admin work for Online Workshops?
    • We’d like to lessen the barrier to putting on an Online Workshop by allowing Facilitators to simply show up, and Administrators can handle the background tasks

Have any other topics for discussion? Please edit the post to include it here and discuss in the body of the post.

Working Together

Outlined below are the tasks per role that require assistance.

All

The following Faculty Members work to progress the needs of all roles: @courane01, @azhiyadev, @webtechpooja, @hlashbrooke, @piyopiyofox, @courtneypk, @bsanevans

Editors

Faculty Members: @fikekomala @aion11 @mrfoxtalbot, @digitalchild, @afshanadiya

Assistance required

Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)

Faculty Members: @wpscholar, @annezazu, @pbrocks, @richtabor, @chetan200891 , @HardeepAsrani, @chrismkindred, @amitpatelmd, @psykro, @digitalchild, @afshanadiya

Assistance required

Content Creator

Faculty Members: @amitpatelmd, @psykro, @arasae, @west7, @ndiego, @trynet, @chrisbadgett, @colorful-tones, @eboxnet

Assistance required

Administrator

Faculty Members: @onealtr @meaganhanes

Assistance required

Addition

Each locale has left the permalink in their locale’s language. for example:

Which URLURL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org pattern is better from an SEO perspective? It might be better if we have every translated lesson plan permalink as.

Some suggestion

  • lesson-plan-name-in-language-name -> /how-to-create-a-lesson-plan-in-hindi
  • language-name/lesson-plan-name -> /hindi/how-to-create-a-lesson-plan

Also, It would be great to have a language/locale shown as a categoryCategory The 'category' taxonomy lets you group posts / content together that share a common bond. Categories are pre-defined and broad ranging. in the sidebarSidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme. of the Lesson plan on the front end.


#faculty-meeting

Monthly Faculty Meeting Recap – August 30/31 2022

Attendees

AMER: @arasae, @courtneypk, @courane01, @azhiyadev, Chris B, @onealtr

APAC: @piyopiyofox @bsanevans @onealtr @webtechpooja @west7 @amitpatelmd

Recap notes

  • Proposal to make Faculty meetings more public 
    • The team will continue working in the open
    • everything that isn’t a privacy concern should go into a public channel of some sort. 
    • The private channel is intended for logins, incident concerns, etc.
    • https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C03B11FA16D/p1659098737136069?thread_ts=1658970512.900959&cid=C03B11FA16D 
    • Amer Notes: Does this mean more conversation in the #training channel instead of the #training-faculty channel? Yes. TL;DR – Have conversations we have been having in #faculty-training in #training itself. We can use the SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. groups in different roles if we need attention of specific groups (such as subject matter experts)
      • PingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” Groups: @faculty and it pings everyone in the faculty or if you want to ping a separate group. It’s something similar to @faculty-smes; it’s pinned to the private faculty channel.
      • If people have access to things like Learn’s wp-admin dashboard, these links can still be put into the #training channel – user permissions will keep things under wraps as far as strangers being able to access sensitive things while also allowing us to work in the open. 
    • APAC: The intention of this message was asking if we should open the faculty meeting up to the wider training team or keep these calls for faculty only?
      • Yes, keep the faculty meeting for faculty only, but continue to post agenda and notes publicly.
      • When we post the agenda for faculty meetings, we should more widely share with the training team that they can contribute to the agenda items async on the agenda post.
      • The admin will monitor the questions/comments on these posts and reroute them to the applicable faculty member
  • announcing new channel joinees
    • Is there a benefit in announcing these still to someone?
      • Amer Notes: Meant to acknowledge the team; the original purpose was to pull folks in and make them feel welcome. Marketing provides a, “Here is a good next step action item that you can do”.
        • Encourages people to step out of “lurker” mode; encourages people to join the meeting live. Alerts people to a meeting happening now.
        • Having this drop-in for faculty is useful; in terms of good “next of action” items, someone does contact them. 
      • Feels possibly like duplicated work; there’s a welcome committee. Is this just for faculty or just for joining training? Understanding is for everyone. 
      • TL;DR – People are being welcomed both in DM’s and in public.
    • Or are meeting facilitators (team reps) tracking these some other way anyway?
      • This has been helpful for team reps. Team reps go back through the week to try and see who has joined; if that exists somewhere and someone pings them, they can pick up. It’s helpful to know that someone else has already reached out.
      • Conclusion: We will continue to do this as it is helpful for the team reps.
    • APAC: One of the Welcome Wranglers will add the new channel joinee list directly to the meeting agenda which will cut the duplication of efforts.
  • Zoom disruptions
    • turned a few more security features on in our shared Zoom account
    • https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C03B11FA16D/p1659733286494459 
    • Changed:
      • Annotation to “Only the user who is sharing can annotate”
    • Turned off:
      • Whiteboard (Classic)
      • Remote control
      • Gesture Recognition
      • Allow users to change their name when joining a meeting
      • Allow participants to rename themselves
      • Show participant profile cards in a meeting
    • Turned on:
      • Mute all participants when they join a meeting
      • Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting
      • requiring authentication to join a meeting.
        • APAC: If this is a requirement, we should document the process for joining.
        • We shared feedback that this particular item feels like a barrier to entry.
        • Perhaps this could be the final step if the other changes we made are not effective.
    • APAC: Is the fact that not many people are unmuting or turning on their video detracting from the “social learning space” aspect of our Online Workshops?
      •  
  • Faculty Meeting Calendar
  • Workflow (SME’s)
    • Difficult to jump in on things like reviewing new topics because the workflow may not be clear or simple enough to manage at the moment.
    • https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C03B11FA16D/p1660112243025129 
    • https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/getting-started/how-we-work-together/#development-workflows
    • pull our GitHub issues into a spreadsheet to help SMEs better assess priority and “staleness
      • My first guess would be to use the GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ APIAPI An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways.
      • https://docs.github.com/en/rest/issues
      • More specifically https://docs.github.com/en/rest/issues/issues#list-repository-issues
    • Amer Notes:
      • SME’s weren’t aware of the topics; there was concern that topics were being duplicated because there were multiple elements. We have tutorials, lesson plans, online workshops, and courses, so topics looked duplicated – it’s a different learning format that the topic is being 
      • Link to SME notes (when SMEs are supposed to jump in, when supposed to pass on to the content creators)
        • We should reach out to SMEs to figure out how they would best like to work with us.
        • Could use time during former training meetings (since they’re rotating) to work with SMEs when the meetings.
          • Go through an update notes on Github from a more synchronous setting.
      • Github session – need to know how this works in order to run a session for SMEs, then use that to generate automations. As long as a flow exists, it’s easier for SMEs to work with.
        • We would like to have more Github automations, and we can do that with the new version of Github projects
          • Code approach of automations was discouraged; it was pretty challenging. CER will reach out to Micah and Github representatives around that issue of automation in order to leverage more things.
          • All content is in one project board; still figuring out how this works. We moved into Github to make sure we can leverage the tech to better track – we want to track contributions. 
  • Hugh has secured a Crowdsignal premium account for us to use
  • Contributor badges
    • I’m not quite sure how our contributor badges are distributed– will @Tahmid ul Karim receive a badge for this merged PR? https://github.com/WordPress/Learn/pull/890
    • Here is the process mentioned to provide a badge: Team Profile Badges – Make WordPress Training
      • Amer Notes:
        • What are the steps? What are the requirements? Discussed in today’s meeting. There is a process, but it’s outdated; one of the new elements to it is because we’ve started using Github. With the pilot we’re doing with metaMeta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress., that may be another way we don’t have to manually add badges. Meeting notes, pull requests… we actually do pull requests on the development side. We didn’t previously have a development board, so that is new. Pooja has made some updates to it.
          • Get faculty to approve it; need the training team to approve the badges and process there.
          • Do we have a badge for faculty? No; we should present it back to the training team, based on the updates and some of the discussions, what do you think in terms of the process?
          • We think that Pooja is working on a P2P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. post about this (correct us if we’re wrong!) – Check with Pooja to see if she needs anything here, but no other action item needed if this is true. 🙂 Pooja is not working on a P2 post. She is only updating the Handbook page. 
  • Individual learn survey – https://learnwordpress.survey.fm/make-wp-training-team-individual-learner-survey
    • Related to Crowdsignal above, I already talked about it.
    • Courtney Robertson is working on this. She’s working on it (some login issues, need to do a password reset)
    • Make use of this for WCUS, get some good data back.
    • APAC: Should be ready to go within a week just in time for WCUS!
  • Faculty Meeting September 2022 – 5 weeks in September
    • Amer Notes: Change this in early September to 2nd and 4th weeks, fixes that issue.
    • Also, can we make sure to include zoom links integrated with the meeting calendar event, so that any faculty member can join in the meeting by following the event and zoom link
      • Amer Notes:
      • We should use our standard Zoom link
      • We may want to not have this on the main calendar because if it’s just for Faculty, we don’t want all the WordPress community. We may get flooded with folks who just want to jump in who aren’t faculty folks.
      • We could instead send invite details ahead of time, but use the general Learn training account.
      • Where is the repeating event? If that’s a private invite, we can replace the link in there (Action Item: ask Destiny to replace the link with one scheduled on Zoom) – Destiny replaced this, but note that the event is modifiable by any guest on the invite so no need to wait for any one person to make changes.
        • Have the date in the general team calendar
        • Zoom link should just be on the invite.
  • Content Errors
  • WordCamp Asia Call for Speakers – Do we want to do a session where we promote the Training Team, the Learn WordPress site, and explain how folks could get involved? (Original Slack convo)
    • Oneal and Pooja are on the speaker’s selection team; they’re trying to get more speakers to apply. Call for speakers is yielding a lower return. Focus on speakers from Asia. A lot of applications may come in at the last minute.
    • Some folks who might be interested: Jamie, Mike Schroeder, Destiny, Ben, and others are all living in Asia. They will probably have more to say on this. 
  • APAC walk on: Pooja is working on a process improvement for first time WordPress contributors.
    • We suggested Pooja connects with Courtney PK around this

#faculty-meeting

August 24th / 30th Supplemental SME Meeting Recap

Faculty Members held a supplemental Subject Matter Expert call on Wednesday, August 24th at 18:00 UTC for Americas/EMEA and Tuesday, August 30th at 05:00 UTC for APAC to brainstorm and discuss how we can make these processes more clear for folks, and also evaluate which responsibilities SMEs find productive and impactful for their work. You can find our agenda post linked here.

Attendees

August 24th, 2022: @annezazu @azhiyadev @onealtr @wpscholar

August 30th, 2022: @afshanadiya @bsanevans @piyopiyofox @onealtr @webtechpooja @digitalchild

Notes

GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/

  • A lot of the conversation surrounded GitHub and its current organization and use:
    • Right now Team Reps are not planning to reduce issues in GitHub topic ideas column, but they are looking to provide more direct priority to certain issues which will go into the sprint those will be provided by SME’s.
    • What type of labels do we need?
      • For marking what is in the sprint -> milestones would be a good tool for this
      • Categorize the content so that it is targeted toward SME’s expertise
      • Add a “Needs SME review” label
    • Where to store topic ideas?
      • The. project board should only contain items that are ready for pick up or are being worked on.
      • Perhaps topic ideas can be stored on another GitHub project board and then transferred to the content development board when ready? Is GitHub Discussions a place where we could allow folks to submit ideas?
    • Do we need a GitHub organizer team?

Ideal SME workflow

  1. SME’s vet topic ideas off Github for accuracy and relevance
  2. Vetted topic ideas are added to GitHub in the Ready to Create column
  3. A Content Creator picks up a task from the Ready to Create column, moves it to the Drafts in Progress column, and creates the content
  4. As the content is being created, the SME who vetted the topic or is an expert in the topic provides guidance / mentorship to the Content Creator
  5. Once the content is in the Reviews in Progress column, an Editor reviews the content

Action Items

#faculty-meeting

August 2022 Monthly Faculty Meeting

This month’s Faculty Meeting will occur on Tuesday 19:00 UTC for Americas/EMEA and Wednesday 05:00 UTC for APAC.

See the Training Team Faculty Member list for the list of current Faculty Members, and find out more about the Training Team Faculty Program in our handbook page.

The goal of the monthly Faculty Meeting is to discuss the Training Team’s goals, strategy, and how best Faculty Members can utilize their expertise within the group.

Notes from the calls will be posted as comments within this post.

Agenda

#faculty-meeting

July 2022 Faculty Meeting Recap

On Tuesday, July 26, 2022 19:00UTC (AMER) and Wednesday, July 27, 2022 05:00UTC (APAC), the Training Team Reps and Faculty Program Members held two calls to discuss the progress of the training team goals and our strategy for meeting them.

Thank you @arasae and @bsanevans for facilitating and taking notes! Outlined below are the notes taken from these two calls.

Attendees

AMER call: @annezazu @courtneypk @azhiyadev @colorful-tones @courane01 @ndiego @chrisbadgett @onealtr @richtabor @arasae

APAC call: @bsanevans @west7 @webtechpooja @onealtr

Notes

  • Proposal: Merging Lesson Plans, Video Tutorials, and Slides
    • Do we have a consensus on how to move forward with this?
      • At Learn’s Creation: Community team made many materials; though as not a lot of collaboration with the #training team. Vision was to have topic parity, unit single topics together. 
        • A needs analysis may help us to shed light on this.
        • Need some more stats about our user journeys; we have Jetpack, but we need more data to make informed decision
        • Vision of uniting these ideas: 
          • Consolidate the buckets for updating things
          • Keep all of the assets for the same topics together
          • Tuck “teacher” things behind the menu behind a tab
      • Lots of comments about many things moving toward tutorials; it’s important to be mindful that not everyone learns using video. We also have the accessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) side of things – within developing countries, we need to be mindful of bandwidth and what we need to think about this in terms of accessibility. 
        • Barriers to entry 
        • Text-based format may be better for some
          • From APAC meeting: The line between text-based materials and the docs created by the Docs team gets blurry here. We’ll want to consider how to best join forces so that we’re not duplicating efforts.
        • Video element may be better for other content creators
        • Do we still need every section in lesson plans?
          • What should be re-used? (For example, the “example lesson” is that someone could take and create a video out of it; likewise, you can take the transcript that someone generate at the videos and use that to create some form of lesson plans) – how is it best to present this content in a way that works best for everyone?
      • One Approach: Needs analysis to decide what is needed across things.
        • Another approach: Try something new, see if it’s viable, see if that model works. Could we pick an area and see what happens if we morph it into a more standardized, unifying approach? Does it make it easier, or are there too many edge cases? 
        • Could we pick four or five things to chunk and pull from it to create a model of this ahead of time to see what works and doesn’t? 
      • Could we create a few versions? One where things are for learners, one for teachers, and one hybrid? 
      • There does not seem to be a consensus at the moment; we should continue to gather feedback. There are two audiences; do we need to look at a needs analysis to decide which way to go, either merging everything or separating it out entirely?
        • Who is using the site? Educators/ facilitators / teachers? Or is it people who just want to learn how to use WordPress? We need to discover our audience.
        • From APAC meeting: We want to clearly categorize our content for the two audiences – learners and teachers.
          • The learner audience is going to be substantially larger than the teacher audience.
          • Content should be clearly defined as to who they are for.
          • Cross-linking content aimed at different audiences could cause confusion. 
      • Content Type: Video tutorials, lesson plans, courses. All specific content type; if we have really strong templates that people can build off of, that makes it easier for the creator; using the topic categoryCategory The 'category' taxonomy lets you group posts / content together that share a common bond. Categories are pre-defined and broad ranging. for a mixed search is a good idea. There are certain things that could become components within other things. We also may be able to use this example.
      • From APAC meeting: In the past, Training looked after content for facilitators (meetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. organizers), and Community looked after content for learners. Both are now responsibilities of the Training team.
        • So we want to keep in mind, we are building content for two distinctly different audiences.
        • Could we keep content separate on the front end, but link things by topic behind the scenes? (Such as in GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/?)
      • Conclusion: This conversation is still ongoing; continue to leave comments on the actual project thread and continue the conversation going publicly on the thread.
      • Conclusion from APAC meeting: We are serving two audiences – learners and teachers. Where we can link resources or combine efforts, great! But our decisions around designing the site and creating/managing content should always keep these two audiences in mind.
    • Explore how this relates to Rethinking Lesson Plan Creation Process – Let’s discuss both of these threads to come to a consensus on a way to move forward. Discussion Frame:
    • Existing Lesson Plan Goals (as Sarah sees them)
      • To make the process bite-sized so people can contribute what they can with the time that they have.
        • Are we succeeding in this endeavor? If so, why? If not, what could we change?
      • To entrench the process in instructional design best practices so that the quality is A++ from start to finish (with an eye on eventual certifications)
        • How can we make this process more accessible to lower the bar of entry for quality contributions?
      • To be able to track what people are doing so everything is public, we can market it, and we can celebrate!
      • Is there a way to do this where it’s a reversible decision quickly? Could we iterate upon this later? What is reversible? What is irreversible?
    • What’s working to make the bar entry lower in other places? What can we change?
      • Online Workshops
        • Live workshops haven’t touched much on lesson plans; we have two directions: creating content for an educator, and creating content for learners. There are two different kinds of content.
        • The reception we are getting from online workshops is really encouraging. People are excited to explore and engage more.
        • The original intention of learn is excellent and creating content for educators is important, but it is also equally important to create content for learners as well. We are moving to a place where lots of people are scared about different things and want to learn.
      • Video Tutorials
        • Missing workshop template; if there were a template specifically for video tutorial. All that may be needed is a frame.
        • There are frames for lesson plans, but not for workshops; is there a way to embed strong instructional design foundations without locking it 100% into a lesson plan to speed up the process without sacrificing content.
        • We don’t have a template for video tutorials; we do have a process flow in the handbook. We may need to take that and change it into a template, similar to what we have for lesson plans.
        • Having a video first that they can base a lesson plan around and running with it may be a good thing for other contributors.
      • Note Taking
      • Review Process
      • Faculty Program
    • How can we make contribution easier for beginners, and make onboarding newcomers smoother?
      • Make templates for each content type (tutorials, live workshops, courses) that are easy to follow – where? Github then to Learn? Flesh out templates (workshop, video tutorial, courses) – maybe having one place where we update things rather than multiples? Maybe it could stay in Github.
        • The idea of putting this in Github is a good one. Almost ready for publication, then access to the Make site. Putting in Github and maintaining it there until it’s ready to be published may be a good direction.
      • Allow for more flexibility in what can come first, second, third. 
      • Make Design Elements more Accessible: Video thumbnails – where are new contributors getting hung up? “Where do I find X thing?” Can this be built into the templates?
      • Github can be really daunting for someone who is new. Where should templates live? 
      • Could we create a separate repo in Github? What are the things you should post in your workshop?
  • Enabling and empowering new contributors to put on Online Workshops
    • How can we make space to allow new contributors to be vulnerable and make mistakes?
      • Having a buddy to help you is immensely helpful
      • Consistency in templates: provide all resources (Google slide with the featured imageFeatured image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. templates)
    • Suggestion: Change Github to Topics and link different forms of content 
    • Group Alert words have been helpful
    • How can we do better to check our biases to ensure we relay constructive feedback for new contributors to action?
      • We ran out of time before getting to this issue; a meeting dedicated to this by itself has been requested.
      • Could we have a dedicated time to discuss online workshops to make sure we are being as constructive and welcoming as possible?

Action items

Listed below are action items created from our discussion. Note the items that have not been assigned, and are open for volunteers. Please comment if you are interested and available!

  • Create Github Issue templates for video tutorials and workshops: volunteer(s) needed.
  • Consolidate all the available resources (Blue Templates for Screenshots) into those Github issues/templates: volunteer(s) needed.
  • Find a time/space to discuss online Workshops (reviewing, constructive feedback, etc.): volunteer(s) needed.
  • Bring Faculty discussions to a more public venue (i.e., public SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel): All

#faculty-meeting

July 2022 Monthly Faculty Meeting

Welcome to this month’s Faculty Meeting!

Faculty Members have opted in to an asynchronous meeting every 15th of the month (or closest business day). We will hold our meeting over a two week period, and the meeting host (typically the poster) or another assigned individual will post discussion outcomes at the end of the feedback period.

Please find outlined below Updates for review, Topics for Discussion, and items that require assistance in the Working Together section.

Discussion period: [TIMEFRAME]

Updates

Here are some recent happenings and open feedback requests.

  • UPDATE
  • Open Feedback Requests:

Topics for Discussion

Please comment on this post with answers to the Faculty Member check-in items and your input on our topics for discussion.

  • Check-in: Please feel free to answer some or all of the below self check-in items
    • How are you doing?
    • What’s your bandwidth like?
    • How best can you help or be tapped in this coming month?
    • Anything you’d like extra eyes on?
  • TOPIC

Have any other topics for discussion? Please edit the post to include it here and discuss in the body of the post.

Working Together

Outlined below are the tasks per role that require assistance.

All

The following Faculty Members work to progress the needs of all roles: @courane01, @azhiyadev, @webtechpooja, @hlashbrooke, @piyopiyofox, @courtneypk, @bsanevans

Editors

Faculty Members: @fikekomala @aion11 @mrfoxtalbot, @digitalchild, @afshanadiya

Assistance required

  • There are # items Ready for Review:

Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)

Faculty Members: @wpscholar, @annezazu, @pbrocks, @richtabor, @chetan200891 , @HardeepAsrani, @chrismkindred, @amitpatelmd, @psykro, @digitalchild, @afshanadiya

Assistance required

  • There are # Topic Ideas that require vetting:

Content Creator

Faculty Members: @amitpatelmd, @psykro, @arasae, @west7, @ndiego, @trynet, @chrisbadgett, @colorful-tones, @eboxnet

Assistance required

  • There are # Ready to Create items requiring assignment:

Administrator

Faculty Members: @onealtr @meaganhanes

Assistance required


#faculty-meeting

  • Proposal: Merging Lesson Plans, Video Tutorials, and Slides
    • Do we have a consensus on how to move forward with this?
    • Explore how this relates to Rethinking Lesson Plan Creation Process – Let’s discuss both of these threads to come to a consensus on a way to move forward. Discussion Frame:
      • Existing Lesson Plan Goals (as Sarah sees them)
        • To make the process bite-sized so people can contribute what they can with the time that they have.
          • Are we succeeding in this endeavor? If so, why? If not, what could we change?
        • To entrench the process in instructional design best practices so that the quality is A++ from start to finish (with an eye on eventual certifications)
          • How can we make this process more accessible to lower the bar of entry for quality contributions?
        • To be able to track what people are doing so everything is public, we can market it, and we can celebrate!
    • What’s working to make the bar entry lower in other places? What can we change
      • Online Workshops
      • Video Tutorials
      • Note Taking
      • Review Process
      • Faculty Program
    • How can we make contribution easier for beginners, and make onboarding newcomers smoother?
  • Enabling and empowering new contributors to put on Online Workshops
    • How can we make space to allow new contributors to be vulnerable and make mistakes?
    • How can we do better to check our biases to ensure we relay constructive feedback for new contributors to action?