AMER/EMEA: @courane01, @azhiyadev, @meaganhanes, @eboxnet, @annezazu, @onealtr
APAC: @piyopiyofox, @bsanevans, @amitpatelmd , @digitalchild, @webtechpooja, @onealtr
Link to agenda post
Faculty Members agreed that going forward we will share key takeaways in the meeting recap; members can find the full agenda talking points linked above.
- 6.1 GitHub Issues
- The team needs to make revisions The WordPress revisions system stores a record of each saved draft or published update. The revision system allows you to see what changes were made in each revision by dragging a slider (or using the Next/Previous buttons). The display indicates what has changed in each revision. to old content and should focus on the issues labeled 6.1, not the 6.1 view on the project board.
- Anne’s list; we need to sort out what we need new content for so we need to audit GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ to ensure we have issues for these items. @courane01 to confirm if she is working on this audit or if we need to task this out.
- We agreed that proposals should have a minimum feedback timeline of 2 weeks to allow for folks to contribute
- Please continue to add feedback about proposals in this Slack thread
- Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. issues
- Team Meeting
- Main Meeting
- We will add the point of contact for topics next to their respective agenda item so that they can supply the update
- Office Hours
- We will engage folks attending office hours to see what they’d like to see done during these times
- We can use this time to go through proposals that require feedback
- Faculty Meeting host rotation
- We should assign the host ahead of the meeting and can tag them in the agenda by the end of meeting
- @piyopiyofox will update the Handbook page re: Faculty Meetings with the rotating host information and clarifications on how to take notes.
- Zoom backgrounds
- @amitpatelmd is working with a designer to supply Zoom backgrounds for the Learn WordPress account.
- Project Proposal: Content Localization
- When reaching out to volunteers, we can reach out to those contributors who previously made localized content, and see if they’d be interested in joining again.