The Training Team has been discussing switching from meeting times that alternate each week to having just one set of consistent meeting times that don’t change. Thank you to everyone who provided input.
Starting July 10th (Mon), the Training team will be conducting four meetings each week at these times:
- Global Team Meeting: Tuesdays at 07:00 UTC
- APAC Coffee Hour: To be decided
- Dev-squad GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ Triage Session: Thursdays at 07:00 UTC
- EMEA/Americas Coffee Hour: Fridays at 13:00 UTC
The official meeting calendar, the team handbook, the Welcome message on the team blog, and the sidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme. waidgets, have all been update to reference these new times.
For reference, here is a list of when the next meetings will be held, shown in your local time:
- Global Team Meeting: Tuesday, 07:00.
- APAC Coffee Hour: still to be decided
- Fill out this form with times you’d be able to attend. Form submission will close on July 21st, and the APAC Coffee Hours will resume from the week of July 24th.
- Dev-squad GitHub Triage Session: Thursday, 07:00
- EMEA/Americas Coffee Hour: Friday, 13:00.
Here is more information about how each of these meetings are conducted:
- Global Team Meeting – 1 hour
- Text-based meeting in the #training channel in Slack where we cover news, project updates, and other discussion topics.
- The agenda will be created in GitHub and shared in the #training Slack channel by Monday each week.
- Anyone can contribute to discussions asynchronously, and meeting notes will be published by the end of each week.
- Coffee Hours – 1 hour
- Video-based social chats. You can also attend with audio only, or via text in the Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. thread that will be created at the time of the meeting.
- There is no formal agenda. These are designed for team members to connect with each other, and are also great opportunities to ask questions about contributing to the team.
- The Zoom link will be shared in the #training Slack channel at the time of the meeting each week.
- Dev-squad GitHub Triage Session – 30 minutes
- Text-based meeting in the #meta-learn channel in Slack where we triage pull requests and issues regarding Learn WordPress website development.
- The triage session’s focus is to help move GitHub issues forward. We will not be reviewing/verifying code, but instead reaching out to the issue submitters, helping them move their requests forward.