This meeting followed this meeting agenda post. You can see conversations from the meeting in this Slack Log. (If you don’t have a Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. account, you can set one up.)
Introductions and Welcome
Attendees Team meeting (APAC): @sagarladani @bsanevans @webtechpooja @sumitsingh @askaryabbas @prashantbhivsane @ardianimaya @thisisyeasin @freewebmentor @chetan200891 @nahidsharifkomol @ashiquzzaman @quitevisible @hderashri @amitpatelmd @psykro @jominney @afrin29 @chaion07 @karthickmurugan @piyushmultidots @smrtrnx @margheweb (async) @lada7042 (async) @eboxnet (async) @onealtr (async) @west7 (async) @courtneypk (async)
Attendees Coffee hour (EMEA/AMER): @webtechpooja @courane01 @jominney @yoga1103 @alexstine
Welcome to the team (WordPress usernames): @nekojonez @satyajittalukder @novandri511 @adil33 @garrettn @ashrafulsarkar
Meeting Note Takers
Meeting recap notes are one of the best ways to get started contributing to a team. Please refer to this guide to get started.
Looking for feedback
- Ben asked for feedback after a month of switching the meeting agenda from the team blog to GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/.
@lada7042, @ardianimaya, @webtechpooja, @courane01, @psykro gave positive feedback.
- Analysis of the Individual Learner Survey results has finally been published.
@abhanonstopnewsuk and @west7 were appreciated for their contribution to compiling the data.
Looking for Volunteers
- The team is looking for volunteers for multiple roles –
- Implementing learning pathways
- WordPress Contributor Mentorship Program: Pilot Program Proposal
- Team meeting hosts and coffee hour hosts
- Based on the Proposal: Creating GitHub project boards for SMEs and Translators, @bsanevans have been updating the team’s GitHub project boards.
- WordPress 6.3 planning roundup – WordPress 6.3 is scheduled for release on 8 Aug, 2023.
- WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Europe 2023 schedule – WordCamp Europe is happening next week! Attendees will be meeting in Athens, Greece, for three days.
- WordCamp EU contributor day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. ideas – The Training Team will be running a Contributor Day table at WordCamp EU. @webtechpooja will be publishing a post shortly with the details.
- Contributors all around the world celebrated WordPress’s 20th birthday last week!
Content Published this Week
Content Available for Review
- Proposal: Creating GitHub project boards for SMEs and Translators led by @bsanevans
- Two new project boards have been made.
- GitHub Workflows have been set so that new issues are automatically added to these project boards.
- l plan on finishing moving non-vetted topics out of the Content Development board and into the Subject Matter Expert board today.
- I plan on updating handbook pages, and publishing a post summarizing the changes, by the end of this week.
- Analysis of the Individual Learner Survey results led by @webcommsatnonstopnewsuk and @west7
- A big Thank You to everyone involved in publishing the results!
- This is an important post for the team as we prioritize future activities. Please leave any comments you have on the post.
@courane01 started the coffee hour and shared a Zoom meeting link to celebrate WordPress’s 20th anniversary.
You can see all meetings scheduled on this meeting calendar. If you are new to the Training Team, then come walk through our onboarding program to get to know the team and how we work. And if you have questions, feel free to reach out in the #training Slack channel at any time.