This week’s meeting will be held in EMEA/AMER timezone on Tuesday, March 28th, 2023, at 16:00 UTC. @webtechpooja and @lada7042 will be co-hosting.
Welcome to all new teammates who joined the Training Team this week!
- Meeting Note Takers
- Faculty Members Update
- Faculty members had an annual check-in survey they completed recently. Read all about the results on Faculty Survey Results – Q1 2023.
- From the post: “Based on the responses, main takeaways are to recruit and/or train more Administrators, increase engagement on the team blog, and continue to focus on improving communication, collaboration, and processes.“
- Please see the Make WordPress Meeting Calendar for up-to-date information about meeting times
- Learning pathways
- We’re looking for WordCamp EU Contributor Day Table Lead volunteers!
- WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. EU Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. will be on June 8th this year. @webtechpooja will be attending, and will be one of two Table Leads. We’re looking for one more volunteer!
- If you’re interested in becoming a Table Lead, please reach out to a team rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. (Pooja or Ben) to show your interest.
- Please show interest by March 29th. The selection will be announced by March 31st.
- Proposal: How to run a Learn WordPress course cohort
- This new proposal is looking for your feedback by April 7th.
- We have a new handbook page drafted: Preparing for a Flagship WordCamp Contributor Day
- Please leave feedback on the draft by March 31st. You can find the draft linked in this Slack message.
- News from other WordPress teams
3. Creating content for the WordPress 6.2 release
Please reference the resources below as we prepare content on Learn for the 6.2 release.
- Looking for Content Creators (vetted topics with no assignee)
- Looking for Subject-Matter Experts (topics not yet vetted)
4. Content published in the last week
5. Open requests for review
- Lesson Plan
- Translated content
6. Project updates
7. Open discussions
If you have topics you’d liked discussed in the meeting, please leave them as a comment on this post.
You can see all meetings scheduled on this meeting calendar. If you are new to the Training Team, then come walk through our onboarding program to get to know the team and how we work. And if you have questions, feel free to reach out in the #training Slack channel at any time.