This week’s meeting will be held in APAC timezone on Tuesday, March 21st, 2023, at 07:00 UTC, and @bsanevans will be hosting.
Welcome to all new teammates who joined the Training Team this week!
- Meeting Note Takers
- March 21 – @nomadskateboarding
- March 28 – need volunteer
- April 4 – need volunteer
- April 11 – need volunteer
- Faculty Members Update
- Monthly faculty meetings have been discontinued.
- Faculty members had an annual check-in survey they completed recently. @courtneypk will be sharing results in the next week or so.
- Meeting times for EMEA/Americas is changing from this week
- Please see the Make WordPress Meeting Calendar for up-to-date information about meeting times.
- EMEA/Americas meetings and coffee hours on Tuesdays will now be held at 16:00 UTC. Friday EMEA/Americas coffee hours will continue to be held at 10:00 UTC.
- There are no changes to APAC meeting times.
- Dev-squad update: Triage sessions planning
- Learning pathways
- Team badges
- The process of requesting a team badge has been updated. Please see Team Profile Badges for details.
- @psykro was awarded the Training Team Badge this week for 12 months of consistent contribution to the team.
- We’re looking for WordCamp EU Contributor Day Table Lead volunteers!
- WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. EU Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. will be on June 8th this year. @webtechpooja will be attending, and will be one of two Table Leads. We’re looking for one more volunteer!
- If you’re interested in becoming a Table Lead, please reach out to a team rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. (Pooja or Ben) to show your interest.
- Please show interest by March 29th. The selection will be announced by March 31st.
- We have a new handbook page drafted: Preparing for a WordCamp Contributor Day
- Please leave feedback on the draft by March 31st. You can find the draft linked in this Slack message.
- News from other WordPress teams
3. Creating content for the WordPress 6.2 release
Please reference the resources below as we prepare content on Learn for the 6.2 release.
- Looking for Content Creators (vetted topics with no assignee)
- Looking for Subject-Matter Experts (topics not yet vetted)
4. Content published in the last week
5. Open requests for review
- Lesson Plan
- Translated content
6. Project updates
7. Open discussions
If you have topics you’d liked discussed in the meeting, please leave them as a comment on this post.
You can see all meetings scheduled on this meeting calendar. If you are new to the Training Team, then come walk through our onboarding program to get to know the team and how we work. And if you have questions, feel free to reach out in the #training Slack channel at any time.